2019 Traveling Box Tour

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Mar 9, 2019.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Boxed up and heading out to the P.O.

RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy088:

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

The Box has arrived. Been out cutting fallen limbs in the orchard. Get me hydrated and cooled down, pictures and comments shortly.

Tapatalk Spam Tag

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Woo! Almost time for round two!

gorgo2, RyX and MR41 like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Took longer to get back to it that I planned, but here's the current State Of The Box. After sorting the gear into types the 16 pounds & 3 ounces looked like this.

Soaps & Creams
    Box soap cream.gif
    At the bottom left; a small bar with no label. Anyone recognize it?

Brushes
    Box brushes.gif
    Razors (Pens & pocket knife!)
    Box razors pens.gif (Ugh, blurry photo...)

Blades
    Box blades.gif

And Post Shave Products
    Box post shave products.gif
    I'm at a loss for what that item is on the lower right corner. A rubber grip for a small hand gun?

One last item, for Razor Maintenance
    Box Barbacide.gif
    It's a little bigger than a shot glass, but not the size a barbershop would use to clean combs and such. About right for a DE razor.

I had help sniffing the soaps, creams, aftershaves, and balms; a pair of 8 year old twin grand daughters and their mom. They've already decided on several items. Especially the TSD Monkey Farts SC & Milk.

Frijolero, gorgo2, MR41 and 1 other person like this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

@RyX I think you’re correct on the rubber grip for a small semi-auto handgun, slips over the grip.

RyX and gorgo2 like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The grip is the first one I bought for my Ruger. It works but I prefer my Hogue/Garrison combo; don't need it, it took up no room or weight, thought someone could use it.

The bar is an alum block that never gets used.

BamaT, RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Come on round 2!!!

gorgo2 and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very cool. I correctly identified a non-shaving product! My mother is licensed to conceal & carry. I'll check to see if it would fit hers.
    I hadn't used my alum block in months. It's a great way to check technique when trying out a new razor. When I opened the plastic box, mine was smashed to crumbles. I do enjoy the skin tightening effect. Since I prefer alcohol based splashes a little burn is part of the process.

I've had a couple PM's with Jeff @stingraysrock about what's in the box so he gets gear he wants. Expect to ship out no later than Monday. Round Two will start soon!

If anyone is looking for specific items, or general requests, speak up. I'd rather include my extra & unused gear for TSD Members to swap than passing it to the homeless shelter.

Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

If there’s anyone that has Glycerine soap or other inexpensive soaps/creams they don’t want, I’m interested.

RyX, cliffb599 and gorgo2 like this.
  11. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Would love to try any Arko after shaves, or Arko creams, also, if anyone has barbasol Brisk, the blue one, I've been dying to try it! I can't seem to find it for a decent price.

Also, P.S.A. any unloved or unused SE razors, you know, that are taking up space in your dens, or you just don't use, I'll happily take them off your hands.....

RyX likes this.
  12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I’d like a mid-late 50’s Gillette President in mint condition.

MR41 and RyX like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's a puck of VDH in The Box. I'll check my stash and add as many as I can fit!
    You are in luck, Sir. There are several in The Box. I tried Gem type SE razors, but they didn't agree with me. Any in The Box will still be there when I ship out.
    Joseph Turley; Gillette president.jpg
    Joseph Turley; Gillette president but I don't think "mint condition" applies at this point. President, the razors, are Aristocrats in rhodium plating?

MR41, gorgo2, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm sitting out Box 2 but am throwing in, among other things, a brassed 1914 with the long chainlink handle and an OCMM. And a few bottles of green Brisk.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  15. ordinaryshaver

You sir, are a good man. Let's see if it makes it to me before someone snags it ( not that I would be too mad, well about the Brisk, I might) lol!

gorgo2, cliffb599 and RyX like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

I missed my chance stocking up on Pacific Rush when it was discontinued. Last time I checked Barbasol's website I don't think Brisk was listed either. They may be getting out of the AS game.

17. ordinaryshaver

I wish to high heavens I could find some of the Pacific Rush, to pair with my can of shave cream to no avail, I love the Brisk AS so I am sad to fear that they are going out of that game as well.....
    Always seems to work that way.

Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Two new bottle of the Brisk will stay in The Box when I ship it. I already have one, and what's left of a Pacific Rush. Check with your local discount stores; Big Lots, TJ Max, Marshals, etc. They tend to get discontinued products and sell em cheap.

MR41 and gorgo2 like this.
  19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Golly Gee Whiz! I had an open comb micromatic and that razor tore me up! Now that seven years have passed, perhaps I might try it again. Or not. Or maybe. Or whatever.

Actually, I think not. I will stick with the R41.

RyX, MR41, cliffb599 and 1 other person like this.
  20. ordinaryshaver

Thanks for thinking of me.
    We have all 3 of those stores, so I will check there. I used to be able to find them at Dollar General, but alas, they no longer carry them.
    I will gladly accept your much maligned razor, I would not want it to feel unloved or under appreciated.

RyX, Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.