2019 Travelling Box Tour Round Three

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

I hope so. It is in excellent condition

2. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I have the box. Already picked the items I am going to shave with tomorrow. Long day and still more to do. Will post pictures tomorrow.

kjbarth, MR41 and RyX like this.
  3. MrEE

Story time... A few years ago, I purchased something on Ebay from a guy with several years of 99.9% positive reviews. I sent him payment and he vanished. No reply's and no items. I disputed payment and he never responded to PayPal either. After about 2 months I got a message from the seller's family explaining that the seller had died of a sudden heart attack before the auction ended. Hard to argue with that excuse. I felt a little guilty for disputing payment, but I guess he didn't need the money anymore anyway.

kjbarth, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

So much of our lives have been affected by phones & computers, online activities and social media. I think I'll start a "Read Me" text file on my desk top. Sort of an in the event of my untimely passing... to instruct others to check my regular internet haunts for unfinished business. Thanks for the Reality Check Evan!

jgreenepa, kjbarth, MrEE and 2 others like this.
  5. MrEE

My shave from the box:

20191126_072650-768x773.jpg

I really can't decide if I like the scent or not. The restored brush still has that new badger small. Great shave!

I did work a 12 hour day yesterday. Looks like today will be better.

kjbarth, MR41, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  6. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Be sure to include a note pertaining to sending me any and all vintage razors not promised to someone else. Also, some good Louisiana coffee.....
    Just trying to help make it easy for you!

Jrdelgado, RyX and MR41 like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've shared gear as starter sets to family. Should they have any interest it'll be slim pickins. I've heard of them referred to as Estrogen Units? Grand daughters would first on the pile. They like scents & shiny things. And they like my coffee. It's dark roast and a shake of ground cinnamon.

8. MrEE

2nd shave from the box

20191127_081742-800x597.jpg

I really like the scent of this The Artisan Soap Shoppe Classic soap. It may be one of my takes. I had never tried a Travel Tech, So I had to. My wife actually used it on her armpits before I had a chance to use it, but she agreed her Gillette Lady works better.

The Hill Country Dew has a fun smell. My 16 year old daughter really likes the scent. I'm on the fence.

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

I tried it. It does have a citrus scent much like much like the soft drink. I didn't enjoy the other ingredients since I prefer an alcohol based splash most times. That one has something else/more to it.

kjbarth, Jrdelgado and MrEE like this.
  10. MrEE

Yes, I noticed that too. It has more of a delayed warmth instead of an instant burn. I'm still deciding. I have a lot to put in the box so I need to take a few things out.

kjbarth, Jrdelgado and RyX like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I do believe the order of participants was set so that you are supposed to take out just a little more than you put in. Got to leave some extra room for the next player to fill it up! Keith @Enrico may have some restored items to share. The best case scenario is The Box doing a total product turn over between the ten stops.

kjbarth, Jrdelgado and Enrico like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I have enough stuff, to stuff another box. ...... I swear it's part rabbit! :sexe:

:eatdrink047:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  13. MrEE

Okay, I won't feel guilty taking that extra brush. Most of what I have are soaps and aftershaves and the razors I mentioned previously.

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Remember being on the school playground, trading baseball cards or something of that sort? We're bigger boys trading toys. It's OK to feel like you got some cool stuff!

Another box can start whenever someone decides they want to Originate and gather Participants. It's a Member sponsored event, with plenty of history. Sometimes a pass around is a single item like a razor. Other are item specific like soaps. Our current Box is generally shaving in general, but odds and ends have appeared and been pulled out.

Tapatalk Spam Tag

kjbarth, MR41, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  15. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Round 4???

kjbarth, RyX, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sounds good to me!

kjbarth, RyX and MR41 like this.
  17. MrEE

I still have the box and I'm in on round 4.

kjbarth, RyX, MR41 and 1 other person like this.
  18. MrEE

Hmmm... I tried posting my shave here, but there seems to have been a problem.

Razor: Valet Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FHS Hi-Stainless (3)
    Brush: Ever Ready 500BN
    SS: Arko Shave Stick
    AS: Pinaud Clubman Musk

I gave the Valet a 4 hour tumble in stainless steel beads. It cleaned up really well. I couldn't find any blades in the box, but I have my own. I had never tried the Arko, so I did that as well. I really like AS with alcohol and pickings are slim in the box right now. So I put clubman in the box, then I used it. I've already gotten complaints from my wife who only brought it out of hiding because she thought it would be going to a good home.

20191128_111448-800x800.jpg

19. MrEE

Also, I know ths Arko was bound for MR41. Rick's is mine now, but I'm providing a replacement.

20191128_111750-800x800.jpg

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Looks great! :happy088:

:eatdrink020:

kjbarth, RyX and MR41 like this.