2019 Travelling Box Tour Round Three

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Sep 11, 2019.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

That's a high class shave right there.

Lots of us across the street like those valets!
    Come check it out if you want to know more.

kjbarth, MrEE and RyX like this.
  2. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Happy Thanksgiving!! Great looking shave! I hope you enjoy it! I know I did!

kjbarth and MrEE like this.
  3. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Final shave from the box:

Well, all of these items have been in a box recently. I actually waited to shave until after the mail arrived.

I always thought I wanted a long handled brush, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I knew I liked AS lotions more than balms, but I didn't know how important the alchohol was to me. I like the burn and tingle. So, I opted to get one last shave in with the Speik before it goes in the box.

20191129_152330-800x800.jpg

Also, the Toggle looks nice in the photo but the plating is extremely thin and worn through in a few places. Now I just have to decide if I am skilled enough to replate it myself or if I just send it in and let someone else do it.

kjbarth, PLAla, MR41 and 3 others like this.
  4. MrEE

My takes from the box:

@Jrdelgado, the Aristocrat will make a great project in the coming weeks. In fact, it looks like you put several itens in the box that I picked. Thank you!

I thought long and hard about the Autostrop and after looking back and seeing that its been in the box for a long time I decided to clean it up and add it to my collection.

20191129_152018-1280x1280.jpg

My gives to the box:

I wanted to pass the generosity on to those below me on the list. So, I am putting in a few of my replated razors. I am also including a 24mm synthetic knot I hope @Enrico can use.

20191129_151614-1280x1280.jpg

I can already tell things aren't going to fit. I will post a list of items I pull just to make room.

twhite, kjbarth, Jrdelgado and 5 others like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Wow! :drool:

Definitely a home run give! I am so fortunate to be next in line.

:happy036:

twhite, kjbarth and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I see the bottle says lotion. Can you describe what you did or didn't like about it? Too much like a balm, not enough alcohol splash?

I recently got my 1st stick of the shave soap. Didn't get the post shave products to match yet.

kjbarth likes this.
  7. MrEE

It's a splash. Actually feels really good on the skin. To me the top note smells like insect repellent. I know some people really like it. I ordered it 100% from reviews. If you like the soap you'll probably like the AS.

RyX and kjbarth like this.
  8. Jrdelgado

Awesome takes and better gives! Enjoy it! And y’all are making me want to rethink round 4!

RyX, kjbarth, MrEE and 1 other person like this.
  9. MrEE

The packaging casualties are photographed below. I tried to pull items which had been in the box for a while. If anyone wants any of these items, PM me and I will mail them to you at my expense.

20191129_225204-800x800.jpg

And its packed and ready.

20191129_225453-800x800.jpg

RyX, kjbarth and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

i am not a member of the box .but i would like the brush.will cover costs if no one else wants it..

Enrico, RyX, kjbarth and 1 other person like this.
  11. MrEE

The box is in the hands of the USPS. Estimated delivery is the 4th.

Enrico and kjbarth like this.
  12. MrEE

I am in on the next round if I am welcome. I still have some good stuff to give.

If people put a few worn razors in the box I will try to replate and circulate them during the week I have the box. If they happen to be something I am seeking I may trade something of similar value.

I just need the box to arrive during a normal week so I have time to play.

RyX and kjbarth like this.
  13. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

When/if we do a round 4, please count me in..... Watching how the items in the box turn over and who picks what in the box and why is fun! Plus, I still do have plenty to give, and things I'd like to try......

Enrico and RyX like this.
  14. MrEE

@Jrdelgado included a blade bank that needed some help. While I wait for my budget to recover so I can buy the 24K plating bath for the crat, I will show what I do with the blade bank.

Before:

20191130_143955-600x800.jpg

Going into the tumbler:

20191130_143459-600x800.jpg

And 4 hours of this:

Enrico, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  15. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Would this work with a vibratory tumbler? What type of media?

- Ken

MrEE, RyX and brit like this.
  16. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

So..... Round 4?
    After sitting out round 3 due to moving expenses, I'm back in the saddle if y'all will have me.
    @MrEE if no one has spoken for the band razor, I'd like it. PM me and we can work out the details.

kjbarth, RyX and brit like this.
  17. MrEE

Wet tumbling with stainless steel media only works in a rotary tumbler. However I am sure walnut shells or corn cobb media would work almost as well in a vibrating tumbler.

RyX, Jrdelgado and kjbarth like this.
  18. MrEE

@brit I've been trying to PM you, but TSD won't let me. No one else has asked for the brush. PM me and we'll figure it out.

Update: Brit did reach out to me via PM. I will be sending out the brush later this week.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    RyX, kjbarth and brit like this.
  19. MrEE

The blade bank came out of the tumbler looking really nice. It still has original gold on the lid. No need to replate just yet.

20191201_083222-600x800.jpg

Enrico, RyX, Jrdelgado and 2 others like this.
  20. Jrdelgado

Looks great!

kjbarth likes this.