2019 TSD Meet Up! Sponsored by the 30DC!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Ahhhh! So what does the new BoS smell like?

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

RyX, Hembree, Edison Carter and 4 others like this.
  2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

A few pics from the breakfast portion of the meet up. Weather report - Thunder, Lightning, Rain - OH MY!!!! Seriously...it needs to stop or we'll need boats to get around. As you can tell, however, it didn't dampen the crew.

Meet up 1.jpg Meet up 2.jpg Rod at meet up.jpg

The new Blood on Steel is an awesome soap. I forget the exact scent profile but we'll make it available. It will be available on the Stirling website in a couple of days when Rod gets back to Arkansas. More to follow.

I have the remaining brushes - will post up the info on those either tomorrow or Monday as I mentioned before. I'd do it today but a group is about to head out into the wilds of St. Louis hunting razors!!! Antique stores here we come!!!

I know he's not on here, but a special shout out to Leon at Golden Corral. Our server made the breakfast happen with ease. AND he made Adam quiet for a few minutes. Talk about major duty!

RyX, Paul76, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Things were going well until @BaylorGator... Oops, I thought this was the PM.

Nothing to see here. :)

RyX, Paul76, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  4. wristwatchb

I must admit that the cops are very understanding here in STL.

I've said too much. :)

5. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Gotta say guys, life is so busy right now, a couple of days ago I was worried I had overcommitted in booking the STL trip this weekend. Now that I’m here and spending time with everyone in person, I realize what a mistake it would have been to miss this opportunity to spend time with such a great group of friends. What a fantastic weekend!

RyX, Paul76, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You had to stop in Atlanta from Florida? That's like a "pop-fly".

RyX, Paul76, Keithmax and 9 others like this.
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Wishing I was there. Have fun!

RyX, Paul76, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  8. wristwatchb

We are missing you, my friend. Hope to see you next year. :)

RyX, Paul76, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  9. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

It smells like awesome. More cologne than not. That’s all I’ve got. We will need the profile from Rod.

RyX, Paul76, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Wow that looks like a great time!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

11. Paul Turner

Yes, you should have stopped at "must". :)

Paul76, Hembree, Drygulch and 4 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

In the middle photo I see the clone of me again, like last year. Charlie, are we twins who never met?

RyX, Paul76, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  13. wristwatchb

It's a long story, Paul. @Hembree and I may be twin brothers separated at birth. We've been searching for a "third" (in the case of triplets) for potential spare parts use. Where do you live? :)

RyX, Paul76, Keithmax and 7 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Well, that's great! Danny, you and me can be the 3 Blond-hair/glasses-wearing Amigos(not to mention triplets, which I just did lol). Looks like Doc Ezlovan will see you guys tomorrow morning, eh? There's supposed to be an artisan soap joint in St. Charles-name escapes me right now. I live in Acton, MA.

RyX, Paul76, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

In addition to being a gifted artisan soap maker, @ezlovan is a super nice guy! We had the pleasure of sharing breakfast with him this morning. I believe he's joining us for dinner as well. He's the real deal in all respects. :)

RyX, Paul76, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Charlie, you are a doppelganger to a former church member of mine.

RyX, Drygulch, brit and 2 others like this.
  17. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Gentlemen, my sincere apologies, but I have to back out of dinner. The rain has stopped and I made a promise to my six year old son that we'd ride roller coasters. I'd planned to do it between breakfast and dinner, but the weather ruined that. As much as I want to be there tonight, we're now standing in line to get into Six Flags.

You all have a wonderful time tonight. It was great getting to meet all of you and put some names and faces with all the posts. If anyone has any trouble with the soap or aftershave, just drop me a line.

RyX, Paul76, Keithmax and 9 others like this.
  18. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I agree that Rod is a nice guy based on his You Tube videos and his great customer service. It's why I will always support Stirling Soap Co.

19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Rod - While I'm sorry you'll miss dinner tonight I totally get that you need that time with the six year old son. Enjoy Six Flags and thanks so much for the work on the soap and delivering it. You made the meet up extra special!

20. Paul Turner

He's the one talking to Randy, right?

Paul76, Hembree, Drygulch and 5 others like this.