2020 Traveling Box Round One

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Jan 9, 2020.

1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

@Enrico the salsa bowl was a great idea. I'm thinking it will be my new RV/travel bowl.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I hope you enjoyed your time with the box and got some thing you really desired.

BTW I hope you don't eat all those treats in one sitting, might give you dog breath. :happy097:

:eatdrink047:

RyX, MR41, Tommynick and 1 other person like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I picked it up from one of the early rounds and found I wasn't going to use it, so it jumped back in.

:D

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    RyX likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I figure that I can only control my actions (well I try); so we can move ahead and not worry about the things that can spoil a fun time. Anyways I like sharing. :)

I'm still in for the next round. :happy093:

RyX, MrEE, kjbarth and 2 others like this.
  5. MrEE

Tracking says the box will arrive at @b1hart's on Monday! Go box!

b1hart, kjbarth, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Da Box! Da Box! Da Box....is in the house. :git:

RyX, kjbarth, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Make sure to get some unboxing pics!

:eatdrink013:

RyX, b1hart and MrEE like this.
  8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Just a quick update....apologies, behind the curve between my business, caring for an elderly parent (living in an independent living facility), plus my own doctor visit today. Add to that the one of the largest Texas school districts we live in announcing they are shutting down til April 3rd (at the minimum, possibly for the school year). Wifey and I have two high school aged kiddos.

I'll have some quality time with 'Da Box' tomorrow (and after). Inventory image also. Planning a shave with one of the razors....I think a Parker shavette (possibly it's a clone?).

RyX, MrEE and Enrico like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What's with the chicken recipe????

RyX, S Barnhardt, MrEE and 1 other person like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011: @MrEE hasn't told us how they taste yet either. We need a video of him sampling them. ;)

RyX, S Barnhardt, MrEE and 2 others like this.
  11. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha! Woo. Made me laugh. I’m wishing I would have stayed in.

RyX, S Barnhardt, MrEE and 1 other person like this.
  12. MrEE

They wouldn't fit in the box. Had to pick between those and what little bit of shave soap remained. Funny thing is, I don't have a dog. I was going to give them to a co-worker, but now I'm under a WFH mandate until April 12th. I'll report back then.

RyX, MR41, S Barnhardt and 1 other person like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Presently it appears you have two options .....

1) Get a dog.

2) Build up an appetite for doggie treats.

Enjoy your choices.

:happy097:

RyX, MR41, kjbarth and 2 others like this.
  14. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

F0886513-1ACF-4250-BB4B-96A8486070BA.jpeg
    Unboxed inventory.

RyX, kjbarth, MR41 and 3 others like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Wow, that there looks like a nice healthy box!

I mean really, wow, that's a boat load of happiness! :signs021:

RyX, kjbarth, MR41 and 1 other person like this.
  16. MrEE

RyX, Tommynick, MR41 and 1 other person like this.
  17. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Preliminary thoughts....

I'm exploring more synthetic brushes with my wet shaving interest currently. Not a lot of software tickles my fancy in 'Da Box' (possibly the Mickey Lee). It's no big deal, just the randomness of the box at this point....I've got way too much software anyway. Only one of the razors piques my interest, the Gillette OTs. Not sure why, but I have been a little fascinated with that model. Brushes, probably the Kent synthetic and the Ever Ready Synthetic. I did shave this morning (after a thorough cleanse) with the Kent synthetic, using some Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood SC. Other than me over hydrating the brush/cream, it is a very nice synthetic!

Maybe tomorrow's shave will be with one of the OTs, the Ever Ready synthetic, and the Mickey Lee.

Last year I was able to convert my youngest daughter to more traditional wet shaving, currently she uses a Mach 3 and a couple different hand me down shaving creams. She wants to try the Lady Gillette and the Schick Eversharp, and she likes the aroma of the Lime Godrej.

So....between my daughter and I we'll test the above items over the next couple days...and then get to packing/moving the box along. Gotta start thinking of my adds....hmm.

RyX, Enrico, MrEE and 1 other person like this.
  18. MrEE

The MLS Jefferson Square isn't the same soap. Someone replaced it with something homemade. Jefferson Square was a Lavender scent.

MR41 likes this.
  19. MrEE

My wife uses a Gillette Lady! In fact, lately it's all she uses. Your daughter may need to keep that. ;)

RyX and MR41 like this.
  20. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Very nice takes. I’m glad the lady Gillette May find a new home. Plenty of razors in the box now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX, MR41 and Enrico like this.