30 Day Rule/Focus; Dec 2022. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Dec 2 2022. SOTE

Good Evening.

Van Der Hagan TTO
    Rockwell DE Blade (?)
    Hembree-Maggard Timberwolf Brush
    Fine Accoutrements Platinum SS and AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 1 day
    Dome Growth: 2 days

20221202_170027.jpg

I picked the VdH razor because it's a mild razor that would be best suited for my 1 day stubble that really was still socially acceptable. Also, I like using mild razors for a dome shave to change the routine a bit. However, I wouldn't use it on a 3 day dome growth. I also decided to use the Fine Accoutrements Platinum original version as well. I tend to use this soap for headshaves so that's why you don't see me posting it. I always leave this soap in my apothecary mug. It always produces a wonderful slick and creamy lather, but the scent is so slight. I do pick up more
    oft he scent in the aftershave, but it is on the very light side.
    Here is the lather in my mug:

20221202_171044.jpg

As you can see, I had more than enough lather for my head and face shaves.

I did 2 passes on my neck and 3 passes on my dome, but I had to do more buffing than usual on both face and neck because the blade was on its last legs. I don't recall how many shaves I had with this blade but I know it must be at least 5 or 6 so it will be binned.
    Did get a nice close near BBS on my face and near cueball smooth on my dome. If the blade was fresh, then I would have been smooth all around. Still there wasn't any alum feedback on my face and neck. I did get a tiny zing on the nape behind my left ear because I have a slight tag and I sometimes irritate it.
    Splashed on the matching aftershave that has a crisp, masculine, but faint scent. I am pleased with tonight's shave. Take care.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    JACarbone, ewk, Hogie and 3 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Fabulous Friday Shave Gary!

JACarbone and brit like this.
  3. Trigger

Very nice shave and setup Hogie.

JACarbone, Hogie and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

fine friday shaves gents..:cool:

6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

A7C7B091-9586-4C20-ACDE-14A27E0BBE52.jpeg

DE Shave # 430 - 1508.5 Project - Prarie Song
    DEcember

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Muhle R41
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush: Jayaruh 381 Badger/Boar
    Lather: Lakewood Soap Company Prairie Song
    Aftershave: Floid Genuine Vigoroso
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Excellent shave following the X3Bar Pish workout. I have recovered from last weeks National Get Fat Day, losing a few pounds.

The R41, not the vaunted 2011 model, delivered a super smooth error free shave . Post shave alum report was absent. Finished off the shave with witch hazel, balm and aftershave.
    I had a busy morning and afternoon which involves painting the kitchen ceiling, bagging up some leaves and picking up a Christmas tree.

Hope you all have had a great day.

ewk, Hogie, palmolive fox and 3 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Thanks Gary!

8. Trigger

Terrific shave Joe.

9. brit

brit in a box

awesome Joe.:cool:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  10. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

3rd December 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
    Brush: Semogue 830.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap.
    Razor: (Face) Merkur 37C. - Gillette Wilkinson sword. (Saloon Pack) (D1)
    Razor: (Head/Dome) Schick G type Injector - Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D2)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Alum Rub. /Cold Water face & head rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Cien X-Bolt ASL + Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

I won't deny the fact that I have a great fondness for Indian made shaving products. The Gillette Wilkinson sword (saloon pack) blades are another no frills honest to blades from the subcontinents they do the job they were designed to do and do it reasonably well i find these blades aren't the sharpest but are very smooth durable and have been consistent and i haven't had any intermittent quality problems with them to date.

As i have a vast amount of various subcontinent blades i will carry only using them for two shaves max then change to another brand to continue with my revisited subcontinent blade focus. The GWS paired up wonderfully with the Merkur 37C making a mild smooth efficient duo.

The Schick G Type Injector performed wonderfully mowing through my head/dome stubble with ease.

The Haslinger Aloe Vera soap provided is such a great performing nice mild fragranced shaving soap which my mature skin loves and creates a good lather in a short space of time leaving a superb post shave feel.

A close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    JACarbone, brit, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  11. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I, too, have so many DE blades that I now only use them for 2-4 shaves max. It seems to help me get more comfy shaves.

I can't really say what is my favorite soap as I like them all. There are a couple that make me work harder to get good lather but, I am learning how much to use to get the right amount with little left over. I do see how much better my skin is from using these soaps. The redness of Rosacea is pretty much gone now so, I must be allergic to the basic soaps I used to use. I find that I have many allergies in my old age. I never had any when young! LOL

It's fun to get old!

Great shave!;)

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

Super Saturday shave Barry. Have a great afternoon!

palmolive fox, JACarbone and brit like this.
  13. Trigger

I thought old age starts when one turns 70. Lol! Actually, I believe 80 is the actual number.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I learned one thing right away with this Clubman Brushless Shave Cream....it'll take a couple scoops at least to get a good amount of it onto yoyt face and neck. Just one won't do. I could have gotten more on today than I did, but the shave was fine, considering. Cheeks&Sideburns need improvement and will get that tomorrow. Ditto Cactus Nation. Porcupine Alley came out all right. The Clubman aftershave was great as usual. No cologne today-Clubman's enough. Pretty Excellent.

Trigger, brit and JACarbone like this.
  15. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

DecemBOAR! 3 Focus -- Saturday Morning Luxury Boar Edition

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
    Blade: Astra SP
    Brush: Omega 49
    Soap: Barrister & Mann - Waves
    A/S: Cella

Have a beautiful Saturday, friends.
    IMG_20221203_082524504.jpg

boar3.jpg

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just think, on our first full day in life, we are one day OLDDER than when we were born(but too young to shave lol).

Trigger, brit and JACarbone like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

75C6D6C0-89FD-48CE-81E3-F32CA22ABEDF.jpeg

SRS # 809

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: FA Clauberg CopperKing 6/8
    Brush: MrEE Limited Edition #017 Cashmere 24 mm
    Lather: Barrister & Mann Dickens Revisted
    Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Dickens Revisted
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Wonderful Christmas theme scented shave. The B & M Dickens Revisted is a nice soap that lathers easily and provides a slick cushion for the blade to work through the day’s stubble.

No outside chores today as Mother Nature is serving up a wet, although not flaky, day. I may just take it easy today with a little preparation for the upcoming week of painting the kitchen walls. The ceiling has been completed.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

Trigger and brit like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I like the Decemboar concept. Excellent shave Eric. Hope all is well.

Trigger, ewk and brit like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Proraso is some good stuff. Very nice looking razor.

Trigger, ewk and brit like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Joe.

Trigger and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.