30 Day Rule/Focus; Dec 2022. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Paul.

Trigger, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

awesome saturday affairs gents.:cool::bounce017:

3. brit

brit in a box

saturday
    m-2 flare tip/polsilver
    semogue 830
    arko
    fine

[​IMG]

good day gents.
    another fine arko work shave.
    awesome.
    :eatdrink047:

4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Barry. My 37c will be out to play this coming week.

Trigger, palmolive fox and brit like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary.

Trigger and brit like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Tha nk you Joe....I'm going to add more of the cream tomorrow-may take 3 or 4 "scoops".

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you, Joe. The 37c is wonderful razor. I also have the 39c aka 'The Sledgehammer' which a buddy of mine purchased, but unfortunately didn't get along with it, so i bought it off him. Out of the two I prefer the 37c, but i still add the 39c to my razor rotation every so often.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  8. palmolive fox

Thank you, Gary...Snap on the Semogue 830! great minds...

9. palmolive fox

Thank you, Joe..Sorry for the late response, I had a call out at work earlier, nothing serious to tell really just a client inspector been over-zealous with his standards which didn't need to be. He's new to the job, and he doesn't know what to do when it's borderline, even though the standard were perfectly ok. I understand he wants to make a good name for himself and doesn't want to get his ass reamed! Anyway, I put him at ease, along with a few colourful words and told to him he should start standing up for himself more and to grow a pair testicles. Have a great Saturday Joe. Yours-Barry. :happy088:

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

December 3
    Arko Shave # 11

1964 Gillette Travel Tech
    Gillette Silver Blue DE blade (1)
    30 Day Crew LE Poculi handle w/28 mm APShaveCo SynBad flat top knot
    Arko
    Alum, Witch hazel, USB and Fine Platinum aftershave

2+ passes on 2 days of growth. Comfortable near-BBS shave except for a small patch of weepers on my lower neck (due to too much pressure and lack of adequate skin stretching). The Travel Tech is a surprisingly good razor. I peeled a few millimeters of label off the Arko stick. As you can see, my esteemed Arko setup sits upon a dedicated red carpet.

Grace and Peace.

SOTD_120322.jpg

11. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice pic and setup Eric!

JACarbone, brit and ewk like this.
  12. Trigger

Terrific shave and setup Joe!

JACarbone and brit like this.
  13. Trigger

Nice shave, setup and with a classy bowl to boot Gary!

JACarbone and brit like this.
  14. Trigger

I appreciate your explanation Barry, but it truly wasn't necessary.

JACarbone, palmolive fox and brit like this.
  15. Trigger

Excellent shave post Charlie! I like the red carpet treatment.

JACarbone, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  16. wristwatchb

Thanks Joe. Nothing is too good for this old hillbilly! :happy097:

I hope you are doing well. We're enjoying a nice warm sunny day here in Kentucky.

17. Trigger

This 67.5 yr old guy is doing well and I thank God for his blessings. I don't know if you read my October post about my "new" car. I bought a 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition. It had just under 97 K. It is fully loaded, except for heated seats. Minor scratches, but the car runs like a top. It also runs on flex fuel. Most importantly, it fit my budget.
    Thanks for asking. Also, I am glad you and Kathy has a great year and will continue to be so for years to come.

JACarbone, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  18. Trigger

Dec 3 SOTD

Good Evening.

1968 Gillette Slim Adjustable (setting 6)
    Gillette Winner DE Blade (3?)
    Rockwell Synthetic Brush
    Stirling Christmas Eve SS and AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 1 day

20221203_164213.jpg

Yes, I am still shaving every day and this is my 33rd shave in a row. I am going to a single's Christmas Dinner this evening so I decided to use Stirling Christmas Eve SS and AS to enhance the festive mood and besides it smells awesome. Here's the pic of this creamy, bowl lathering goodness:

20221203_165318.jpg

Did a 2 pass shave that gave me a BBS result without any errors. I just want to share that this was the first time that I used setting 6. That is quite mild for me, but I have to say that over the last few years, I realized that I no longer have to shave going full throttle. Anyway, the alum feedback was negligible. Gave myself generous portion of the matching aftershave so that it stays with me a little longer than usual. Take care guys.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  19. wristwatchb

Festive shave all the way around, Joe! Have fun this evening at the Christmas Dinner.

20. wristwatchb

Thanks Joe. Yes, I saw photos of your Grand Marquis last month. What a great find! May it reliably serve you for many years.

The family of my best friend in college had a late 70's/early '80's Marquis. It was about the size of an aircraft carrier, maybe a little bigger. His Dad picked it out. As he shopped for a new car, one of his selection criteria involved flopping down in the back seats as hard as possible. He didn't want to feel the hump in the center. The Marquis passed the test with flying colors. I can truthfully say I drove the car a few times and never, ever felt the road. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.