30 Day Rule/Focus; Jan 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's a tip for anyone who has a Bill Neumann(Wm. Neumann&Co.) soap. Do Not Shut It Tightly After Use. . It is such a nuisance to open back up.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific setup and shave Joe!

JACarbone and brit like this.
  3. Trigger

Thanks Joe.

4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Danny

Hembree, Trigger and brit like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I sense a throw down coming

Trigger and brit like this.
  7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

8. Trigger

:eatdrink013:

9. Trigger

Jan 25 SOTA

Good evening.

Straight Razor Shave #432
    13/8 ArtRazor 1000 (28th use)
    MrEE LE #10 Cashmere Brush
    Stirling Frankincense and Myrrh SS and AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 24 hrs

20230125_170042.jpg

It's been awhile (Dec 20 2022) since Artie got the call so today is the day.
    Everything went well with this shave session. Evan's Brush did a great job in whipping up a yogurt lather. 2 passes gave me a fine shave without incidents. The alum was quiet and so was the splashing of the aftershave. Take care.

Herm2502, Hembree, Screwtape and 2 others like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous Art razor shave Joe

11. Trigger

Thanks Joe.

JACarbone likes this.
  12. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Maybe my frag heads can help me out here. I’m pretty good with determining if fragrances are real or fake. Got a vintage bottle of Creed Green Irish tweed. Batch code: 16L01 4oz 120ml. 99% this is a legit bottle. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACarbone, Hembree and brit like this.
  13. Trigger

Unfortunately, that's out of my pay grade Myles. I am sure @Primotenore Maestro may know. If not, try the Scent threads on this forum.

14. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:happy088:

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  15. palmolive fox

Wonderful shave set up Joe. The Merkur 37c is wonderful razor. I'll be doing a slant focus run with my slant razors in my future shaves.

16. palmolive fox

26th January 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Wright's Coal Tar Traditional Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega 10051.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Kent/MWF.
    Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D2)
    Frankenrazor: Yaqi Mellon DOC Head / Schmidt R10 Stainless Steel Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture. / Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A Superb shave from the Frankenrazor /Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium blade to finish my shaving week off on a high note.

The in-expensive Yaqi mellon DOC razor head pairs together with the weighty Schmidt R10 handle wonderfully making a well balanced Frankenrazor which feels solid and comfortable to use.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

JACarbone, Herm2502, brit and 2 others like this.
  17. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Great shave, Barry, and I like the vintage feel of that B&W photo. I was going to shave with Kent/MWF today too, but my puck rind was broken ino too many little fragments to lather cleanly, so I declared it dead and moved on.

brit, Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  18. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Thursday January 26 - Just Shaving

Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black injector with SE open comb plate / Supply Black Label (6)
    Brush: Jayaruh #267 burled maple with Omega Pro 49 boar knot
    Soap: MWF shards in Kent beechwood tub (RIP)/ TOBS Lavender Shaving Cream (croap)
    Post: Alum, rinse, Portland General Store Black Willow Bark Toner

My last shave was January 16, so a ten-day stubble to mow. I was going to repeat my last shave in its entirety, but instead changed most of it.

My Kent beechwood tub of MWF opened to reveal a soap rind that had split into many small fragments. Tough to lather and the brush was full of tiny soap chunks. I declared it dead, dumped the bits into my shower soap bag, and moved on. RIP MWF! Since I have at least a decade worth of other soaps and creams, I will probably not replace it, even though it is an excellent product.

I moved on to my Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender cream - one of my favourite scents. I had a nearly unused tub of it. Unfortunately, I must not have tightened the lid properly a few months ago, and it dried out. It is now a 1/3 tub of medium-hard croap. However, it still has a strong scent and it still builds an excellent lather quite quickly and easily, so I will continue to use it until it is gone. I think I will use it as my main soap for the next few months -- interspersed with shaves using some of the 30 or so cream samples I have stacked up.

The boar brush is quite thirsty but builds a good face lather if you load it heavily first. I did two passes, lathering between, and found I had to go back to the tub to reload for the second pass.

Two passes with the razor got me to near BBS.

The alum was totally silent.

The PGS willow bark toner is a good cleanser for days when my skin seems a bit oily and prone to outbreaks. I am smooth, cleansed and toned, and ready for the day.

Hope everybody has a good week!

JACarbone, Herm2502, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. palmolive fox

Thank you...With Kent/MWF been a tripled milled soap i have found if you store them and not use them for a long period of time crack's will appear. It needs to be put into your soap rotation more often. Some people water the soap, and soak the puck to regain it's moisture before mixing a lather. I just load it up with a damp brush, and always get good results...As always YMMV.

Having too many soaps /Creams isn't always a good thing.. One of the main reason's i don't have a large amount of shaving soaps or creams you don't have enough time to use and appreciate them. However, you could have tried re-grinding the fragments adding a small amount of water to regain it's moisture if it was worth the effort to do so.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  20. Trigger

Fabulous Frankenrazor shave Barry. Have a great afternoon.

JACarbone, brit and palmolive fox like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.