30 Day Rule/Focus; Jan 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Very nice shave and setup Danny and a Happy New Year to you.

Hembree, brit and JACarbone like this.
  2. Trigger

I would say the water/soap ratio was not correct because soaps usually don't go bad.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  3. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks Joe. Looking forward to hanging around. Gotta get the names straight. I think I need an index...

Herm

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

You head shavers are brave IMHO. I think I'd rip my scalp off.

Herm

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  5. Trigger

Lol! I have had a lot of practice because I have been doing it for over 13 years. I sometimes use a shavette or a straight to headshave, but I prefer safety razors to do the job.

brit, JACarbone and Herm2502 like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

689A7FA0-CD82-4157-9CF0-E0C3A36761DE.jpeg

SRS # 817 - “First” Razor Shave - SRS - Thiers-Issard Super Gnome

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Thiers-Issard Super Gnome Extra
    Brush: Wolf Whiskers 24 mm Maggard Tux Synthetic
    Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Aftershave: Halston Z - 14
    Additional Care:
    Halston Z - 14 Cologne
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

A superb shave this morning with my first straight razor obtained in 2002. I have not used the MWF soap in a while. This shave reminded me how good it is. A load of about a minute of the puck followed by whipping it up in the Fine Accoutrement bowl produce a thick and slick lather.

The usual three pass shave ensued with ultra smooth results with a wonderful post shave feel. The post shave splash and cologne, the Halston Z14, was a Christmas gift from one of my daughters. I am smelling and looking good.

I hope you have had a great day gentlemen.

7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Absolutely great looking shave Gary. Hope all is well.

brit likes this.
  8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

palmolive fox and brit like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Joe. Did you use the Shavette on the dome as well?

brit and Trigger like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Good looking shave Myles. I think the soap is just trying to keep you honest. :eatdrink013:

11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice couple of shaves Danny.

Hembree, brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

Hi guys. I haven't been posting videos for the last few months of me shaving or finding an informative and entertaining shave video. This is a video from The Razor Emporium owner Matt Pisarcik. Even if you aren't a straight razor shaver or you may be thinking of trying one, then I believe it is worth your while to check it out. Btw, I disagree with his take on spending 1000's of dollars on honing stones. I use lapping films and my complete set cost me approximately 100 dollars and I get excellent results.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    JACarbone and brit like this.
  13. Trigger

Wonderful Wednesday Straight Shave Joe.

14. Trigger

Hi Joe. If you read the entire post, then you would have seen that I used the Mühle R102 for my headshave. I know that I sometimes glance over posts and read to just get the gist of them and therefore, details are missed.

brit likes this.
  15. Trigger

Jan 4 SOTA

Good afternoon.

Shavette Shave #423
    Dovo
    Personna Hairshaper Blade (2nd use)
    Stirling Boar Brush
    Stirling Frankincense and Myrrh SS and AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 24 hrs

20230104_165933.jpg

I decided to have a repeat performance with my Dovo Shavette because I had a good shave yesterday and I just was lazy to pick another razor. Although the holidays are over, I still picked the Stirling Frankincense and Myrrh set because I am trying to make a big dent in this tub. I have hit the bottom of the tub, but I still have a long way to go. It's why I will be using it more frequently throughout this month and next month.
    I have experimented with several face lathering techniques. Today, I just wet my face and then loaded a pasty sample on my brush so that when I apply it to my face and neck, then it serves as a preshave. I wet the tips and load the brush to reapply to my face and constantly add water and soap until I have a nic, acceptable lather.
    Did a 2 pass shave with a touchup on my right neck to give me a BBS shave. I did get a microdot weep that disappeared with the alum. Btw, the alum feedback was minimal. Splashed on the matching aftershave and I was pleased with this session. Take care.

palmolive fox and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.all is well.:):eatdrink047:

Trigger likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

absolutely fabulous shaving affairs gents.:cool::bounce017:

18. brit

brit in a box

mid week
    r-3 super adjustable 84
    spoiler
    wcs lantern silvertip
    crown shaving co

[​IMG]

good evening gents
    first outing with the super adjustable 89/spoiler combo.
    fine 2 passer on 4,lovely shaver scored a few hours ago from a local antique shop.
    quick clean up and good to go,no mechanical issues or plate loss.r-3 date code.1971,spoiler blade the go to of course.;)
    glad i found one i could hold/handle before purchase as these can have internal corrosion issues
    crown shaving provided the software
    awesome.
    have a fine evening gents.
    :eatdrink047:

19. Trigger

Congrats on finding a nice piece and that your inaugural shave with it was terrific Gary.

20. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.got a bit of cash for christmas,so i spent it one something i didn't have..a nice day out with a good buddy,and proper fish and chips for a late lunch.sunny day,fresh air, and my first non work outing since late november.awesome day.:):eatdrink047::bounce017:

Paul Turner, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.