30 Day Rule/Focus; March 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

:) Enjoy your afternoon Barry!

JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  2. Trigger

Terrific shave and setup Chris. Have a wonderful day.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    JACarbone and ChrisB like this.
  3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

You too Joe. :happy088:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20230313_212323.jpg
    Razorock SLOC V2 aluminum head.
    Delrin razor handle.
    Bolzano Superinox blade (fresh).
    Delrin synthetic brush.
    Pheonix Accoutrements Dixie shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.

Awesome Heart of Dixie shave this morning. First time using PAA soap and I like it. Very slick and gooey.

Top Notes: Magnolia, Kudzu, Camellia, Sage, Corn Flower

Heart Notes: Spanish Moss, Green Tobacco

Base Notes: Oakmoss, Bay, Tobacco Absolute

Happy Tuesday everyone!

ChrisB, Trigger, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonder shave Barry. I have yet to try that soap. I like the scent description so I may purchase a bar of the bath soap to see if I like it. I recently did the same with the Tabac. As a result, a long way down the road I may pick up some Tabac shave soap. Perhaps the same may occur with the Mogno.

ChrisB, Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Dialing in the Fat. Excellent shave Chris.

ChrisB and Trigger like this.
  7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Danny. I find all of the PAA soaps that I have in my den, I have 9, produce and wonderful and slick lather.

Trigger likes this.
  8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe. I haven't yet tried the Mogno bath soap, but the shaving bar soap is excellent...Glad to see you have taken to Tabac too.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

96BEA1A9-00AF-43A5-A368-8D742D234D2E.jpeg

SRS # 848 - March Mug Madness Shave

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Wade & Butcher No. 1 Hollow Ground
    Brush: JTSpartan Boar 24 mm
    Lather: Stirling Spice
    Aftershave: B & M Reserve Spice
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

The classic scent of the Old Spice provided by the offering of the Stirling Soap Company hit the spot today on several levels. First and foremost, for nostalgia purposes it brings back memories of my youth hanging out with my maternal grandfather. Second, I wore the Old spice aftershave throughout most of my high school years. Finally, it just makes me feel good.

I had an excellent three pass shave with the W & B razor. No mishaps, just total smoothness.

Not that I am running low on this soap but those of you who have picked up the a tub of the Stirling Spice how does it compare to the older version? I do not recall but I read somewhere on the TSD that recent tubs are not as strongly scented as in the past.

If this is true, I may opt to go with the B & M Reserve Spice down the road. Their aftershave is spot on.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

ChrisB, jtspartan, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  10. Trigger

Great shave Danny. Is that the CK 6 formula or is it the CK 1?. Ck 6 is supposed to be very good, but CK 1 is no slouch either.

Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  11. Trigger

Very nice shave Joe. Last week or so, Rod sent me an email concerning my recently acquired Stirling Spice shave soap. Apparently, a trainee mislabeled some of the Spice tubs with Stirling Green labels and vice-versa.
    He showed me 2 pictures of Stirling Spice and Stirling Green tubs and asked which one I got. Of course, I chose the "right one" so I was fine. However, I asked him if he changed the Spice formula and Rod said no. However fwiw, I told him it looks a little lighter and it's not as strong as the original. He said that maybe my soap isn't 100% cured and to let it be uncovered for a few days so that gases can leave the soap. It's still a nice scent to me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    JACarbone likes this.
  12. Trigger

It's a no shave day for me.

JACarbone likes this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. Nice to now about the Spice issue. I am sure you will let me know how the scent is after you have employed Rod’s suggestion.

14. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe @Trigger

Thanks Joe @JACarbone, well the dialling in continues, but it's not as hard as some some say, I will say that.
    I will give it a rest for a while.

15 March 2023
    Half way through March already:(

Pre work shave, same set up as on Mon 13th except I used a different brush.

R89, Derby Premium (1), TOBS Jermyn Street cream in a tube, 3 drops of glycerine, white lather bowl.

Today I used an Ever-Ready 200 brush, an older brush I picked up 2nd hand which has been re-knotted. Think its a boar but not sure. I liked using this before but not this time. The loft is a bit short, and although it is soft enough and the lather worked out well, nice peaks and so on, it seems the brush did not want load or deposit as much as my other brushes did. Really interesting.

Pass 1: I started the cheeks XTG to see how this went, to be honest I don't think it made any difference. Still came back to going WTG in Pass 2 and 3.
    No short-cuts there then!

Didn't push the boundaries, settled for a good enough for work shave.

On overall shave, nice result, no damage.

AS: nothing fancy for work: Brut AS to keep me company during the day!

Feeling very safe with this R89 / Derby Premium combo around the top lip, bottom lip and around the chin where I am able to do longer sweeping strokes safely.
    In the area under the chin and jawline I feel safer to start taking longer curved sweeps, rather than lots of shorter passes.

Definitely the Derby Premium (1) feels sharper than on day 2. Cheap enough so I will limit myself to using these for one day at a time, at least until I narrow down the variables!

:sport026:Undecided what set-up to use tomorrow, and my gear is only a fraction of what others have!!

JACarbone, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  15. Trigger

Excellent post and shave Chris. In my experience, my boar brushes were easy to load and lather, unlike my badger brushes. Badger brushes tend to be lather hogs.

JACarbone likes this.
  16. Trigger

March 15 SOTD

Good morning.

Schick I-1 Injector
    Ted Pella Blade (4)
    Stirling Boar Brush
    Stirling Executive Man SS
    Fine Accoutrements Platinum AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 40.5 hrs

20230314_221027.jpg

Everything went very well. The brush produced a nice, typical Stirling lather. The razor mowed down my stubble without any problems. I have to be honest, as much as I like my Schick E-3, I like this I-1 much better. It gives a smooth and efficient shave. The E-3 is more aggressive and I like that quality, but it is just a little too harsh at times. Go figure. This guy that likes aggressive razors, prefers a less aggressive one. Lol!
    Truthfully, I could have been done on one pass, but I usually go for two, but I decided to go for 3 passes. It was WTG, ATG and XTG this time.
    The shave was BBS without any errors.. I had some slight alum feedback. Splashed on the FA Platinum AS to finish the shave. Somehow, my skin is glowing. I feel refreshed. Take care.

ChrisB, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  17. Hembree

Thanks Joe.

I don't think it is CK6. The label list it as Kokum Butter Shave Soap. I don't see a CK6 or CK1 on the label.

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  18. Hembree

20230313_212323_1.jpg
    Razorock SLOC V2 aluminum head.
    Delrin razor handle.
    Bolzano Superinox blade (2).
    Delrin synthetic brush.
    Pheonix Accoutrements Dixie shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Irish Chestnut by Andy Hilfiger cologne.

I loved this set up from Tuesday so much that I went with it again today. I'm getting the soap dialed in and really enjoying it.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I took off tomorrow and Friday. The grandkids will be with us starting tonight through Sunday. :happy093:.

ChrisB, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

2B379107-2965-4556-B060-86D4238418F7.jpeg

SRS # 849 - Ides of March Shave

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Andrey Shpakovskiy 8/8 Half+ “Hanabira” Kamosori
    Brush: Classic Shaving Silver Blue
    Lather: Proraso Aloe and Vitamin E
    Aftershave: Brut
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

This morning’s shave was probably the best that I have had with the Kamosori to date. My face, following the usual three passes, is super smooth and irritation free.

The Classic Shaving Silver Tip badger Whipped up a nice amount of lather. The Proraso is a smooth and slick shave cream. I should finish up the Mia tube before the end of the month.

The shave was finished off with the Brut Splash-on. Always a pleasant scent. Perfect for today’s date.

Hope you all are having an enjoyable day.

20. Trigger

PAA Kokum Butter formula was before CK1. I don't know if this was their original formula or their was a other iteration prior to the Kokum Butter formula. In any event, thanks for letting me know what formula you had for that shave.

Hembree likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.