30 Day Rule/Focus; March 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

22 Mar 2023

48 hours, y'day was a rest day.

Tabac 22 Mar 23 1600_90 border.jpg

SETUP for this morning's pre-work shave.
    Prep: face wash, 3x Hot Water Soaks.
    Pre-shave: ProRaso white.
    Trusty combo of Razor = R89 + Blade = Derby Premium Day 1.
    Brush: Plisoft synthetic. Briefly dipped in the basin water then shaken dry.
    Cream: Tabac in a tube. Face lathering.
    It didn't face lather as well I would have expected. Doesn't seem to splay as well as my boar and badger brush.
    Tabac A/S to the face and neck. No burning. The Tabac aftershave doesn't last as long throughout the day as I would like.
    Scent: Who is Elijah EdP.

Comfortable clean shave once again no damage.

Focusing on just coming off the cap in the tricky areas, notably corners of mouth and Adam’s apple area. As in prior shaves my chin areas is easier to negotiate with the R89/Derby combo. At some stage in the future I might look at using 2 razors, a more aggressive one for the first passes and then finishing with the R89 and milder blade such as the Derby. I did bin the blade after day 1. I am sure it would perform for another day, but I am finding that day 2 of this blade (and others) needs more work and going over certain areas more than I would like. Cheap enough and there are another 100 on in the mail! Also, sticking with a day 1 blade removes another variable.

March focus: face mapping is improving. Still need to work on the AA area, just under the chin and in the swirly bits below the right jaw. I think coming off the cap onto the blade helps with the buffing. There is a fine line.

I will use the same setup tomorrow but swap over to my trusty old Puro Tasso boar brush and see if that splays better.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Most happy with this morning's shave. Clean and cleat all over. No cuts, Knicks, Polka-Dots. I was careful enough to eschew any further damage to the cut on South Porcupine(chin). 3 shaves so far with Explorer(Zingari Man)and already it looks like it's been used much more than that. The Clubman Pinaud brush is small and thinner than the Stoylin li'l brudder. I'm glad to see Clubman join the brush brigade, but will they make a big, wide one? Aaahh, it's good enough. The Vetiver A.S. has about 2 shaves left in it, As Outstanding As It Gets.

3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

9E120F9F-F57D-4BFC-B273-E287FED9888A.jpeg

SRS # 853

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Drew Dick 7/8” Half Hollow Damascus
    Brush: Shore Shave Blue Nebula w/ Paragon 25 mm Boar
    Lather: Proraso Aloe and Vitamin E
    Aftershave: FreyjasMagic Thor’s Hammer Bay Rum
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Well the Proraso tube is nearing its final shave, perhaps three or four more. That might be a stretch but we’ll see.

Another fine close three pass shave with the Drew Dick straight. My face feels super smooth and refreshed. The boar brush whipped up a nice lather which I always manage with any of the Proraso soaps I have in either den.

With the pending Fitzgerald of the Proraso I have to determine which soap is up next to focus on in reducing the number of tubs in the den. I have three soaps that I am leaning towards: Brocha, Calle Ocho or Bonsai. Most like it will be the Brocha.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Perhaps you may have better results with a bowl lather. Regardless, a very nice shave this morning Chris

Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Paul

ChrisB, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  6. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thank you Joe. Practising face lathering, but yes you are right, I do seem to do better with a bowl.

That half hollow Damascus is a serious looking piece. I took one step back just looking at it, Lol!

Like the bowl and brush too.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Cool razor, Joe.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20230322_063817.jpg
    Razorock SLOC V2 aluminum head.
    Delrin razor handle.
    Feather blade (3).
    Delrin handle synthetic brush.
    Mike's Natural Soaps wild honeysuckle shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Antique Scottish by Andy Hilfiger cologne.

Great shave this morning. Mike's Soap is great stuff.

Happy humpday!

9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific shave Joe. You're ahead of the curve with your Drew Dick.

JACarbone likes this.
  10. Trigger

Wonderful shave Danny. Mike's Natural soap is on my list.

JACarbone likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Joe.....as with Bill Neumann, I bit the bullet on Zingari, but I think it will be worth it.

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Chris. The razor is my first custom straight.

ChrisB and Trigger like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

Trigger likes this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very fine shave Danny. One day I will pick up a puck of Mike’s.

Trigger likes this.
  15. Trigger

March 22 SOTA

Good afternoon.

Shavette Shave #445
    Dovo
    Personna Hairshaper Blade (fresh)
    MrEE Tuxedo Brush
    Stirling Triumph SS
    Old Spice AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 30 hrs

20230322_163249.jpg

I decided to do another shavette shave, but this time I loaded a new blade. Everything went well. I really only needed one pass, but two is my minimum standard and that's how I roll. I dare say that I was very close to having pass the cottons ball test. Did manage a miniscule weep on my right check that the alum took care of it in a flash. Didn't get any alum feedback. I decided to do a much needed headshave. I had 4 days growth and used my Fatboy on setting 9 with the Wilkinson Sword blade. 3 passes and I was cueball smooth without incidents. The alum feedback was also non-existent there. Splashed on the Old Spice aftershave without any burning sensations. I grade this an A shave on the face and A+ on the dome. Take care.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. Hope all is well with your family. Any interesting new fragrances added to you den?

Trigger likes this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Reaching shave Nirvana Joe. Well done!

Trigger likes this.
  18. Trigger

Thanks Joe. It really was as close to a heavenly session as I could get.

JACarbone likes this.
  19. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

23rd March 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega 10051.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
    Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (D2)
    razor: Muhle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture. / Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,
    An invigorating early morning cold water shave to finishing my shaving week off superbly.

The Vie-Long Shave Stick provided a slick protective lather for the full shave without re-apply it to my face. The performance & post shave feel from this shave stick is absolutely superb.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Herm2502, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Awesome shave Barry. Enjoy your afternoon.

JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.