30 Day Rule/Focus; March 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks big guy!

JACarbone and Hembree like this.
  2. Trigger

This was the Greenvale Townhouse Diner on Glen Cove Rd just North of Northern Blvd.
    It was a very clean restaurant. The food was good, but the coffee was so-so. I think all these diners use the same coffee company. Lol! Oh, we had a waiter. Didn't see any cute waitresses.

JACarbone and Hembree like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Danny :). I'm slowly beginning to transfer the cold-weather stuff to the back of the bus, but there's still time for use for some.

JACarbone, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

C'mon Danny. Another razor for my list! I need a 2nd mortgage...

5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    Trigger, Herm2502 and JACarbone like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thursday shave. Thank you, the soap is definitely a winner.

Trigger and Hembree like this.
  7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Danny.

Trigger, Herm2502 and Hembree like this.
  8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Danny.

Trigger and Hembree like this.
  9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

25th March 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.
    Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin) (Face) - Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)
    Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG) (Head/Dome) - Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D3)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....Finishing off my Egyptian & Turkish blade focus with the Lord Silver Star Super Stainless which are my personal favourite from the Lord home.
    Out of vast the amount of DE blades i have tried my preference is Super Stainless & Platinum. I really like especially the Lord Silver Star, and various others, especially ones from the subcontinent which don't get the credit they rightly deserve.

It's been a while since I last added the EJ DE89 which has the same head as my much loved Muhle R89, the only difference is the handle on the EJ (Kelvin) is shorter, of which i prefer and the price difference. Both razors perform near the same, the only difference in performance for me is the R89 feels marginally more efficient, but this could be the blade choice.

A close comfortable head/dome shave with the ER 1912.

I repeat myself and say if i had known how wonderful smooth, & efficient SE razors where especially Injector razors when i first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i probably wouldn't have bought a DE razor as they provide and give everything that is required for a close comfortable shave.

Another close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  10. Trigger

Super Saturday shaves Barry! It was an excellent comparison of the EJ 89 and the R89. I have used the GEM MMOC for heasshaves and it's quite efficient. I am guessing that your EverReady SE would feel the same. Enjoy your weekend.

ChrisB, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  11. palmolive fox

Thank you Joe. when I'm shaving with a vintage SE razors especially my Gem Micromatic. (OC) I feel as though it's probably the closest thing to shaving with a straight razor. I personally find the Gem Micromatic. (OC) the most efficient of all my vintage SE razors, so i stretch my skin more using short strokes with each pass adding to that my shaving angle is almost sliding flat against the skin ..It took a few shave's for me to adjust using vintage SE razors, but it was well worth the effort to do so as they are now my razors of choice for head & dome shaves. Have a great weekend my friend.

ChrisB, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  12. Paul Turner

For this morning(Saturday):

prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(in shower)
    shave-Gillette Foamy Original
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot
    A.S.-Yardley(London)

A fine sophisticated goo shave. I held the can under the warm tap water for a few seconds. Got out a little more than in the past. Good spread action all around. I didn;t leave any area untouched. Zero cuts, Knicks, and Polka-dots. One pass. The Yardley is very nice. I remember using it as a kid("Soap On A Rope"). Going to take quite a while beforen I Edumnd the aftershaves @Primo sent me in his box of goodies(whch was quite a while AGO). Thanks again, Joseph!. Most Oustanding for today.

ChrisB, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

E3D72708-0CD1-4F4A-8752-69335B23EAD6.jpeg

SE Shave # 322

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Yaqi SE Chrome
    Blade: Perma-Sharp
    Brush: Shore Shave Player 26 mm
    Lather: Proraso Aloe and Vitamin E
    Aftershave: Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Wonderful shave with the newly acquired Yaqi SE Chrome head. Waiting for a handle to come in so I substituted the handle from the RR Game Change razor. This razor head, as clarified by Danny, @Hembree, comes in two versions, using a half DE blade and the other an AC blade. This razor head uses the hDE half blade.

I did my usual three pass shave with flawless results for the entire shave. Not bad for a $2.60 purchase including shipping. With the soon to arrive razor handle at a cost of $13.75 I will have a very nice razor for under $17. Score!

The Proraso cream will meet the Edmund Fitzgerald later in the upcoming week. I suspect I have about two shaves left. The 2023 den reduction is off to a good start. *Two full soaps and o e sample in three months. I am hoping to get 5 full tubs by the end of the year.

*Full 4 - 6 oz when purchased.

Have a great day gentlemen.

ChrisB, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Paul

Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Super shave this morning Barry.

palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  16. Trigger

Great shave, pic and setup Joe.

JACarbone likes this.
  17. Trigger

I will be doing a head a face shave later this afternoon because I will be going out this evening. I don't know what razor or razors I will be using, but Stirling Tsuka SS, AS and EdT will be in today's setup.

JACarbone likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Thanks Joe.....Makes me wonder what shave soap would be like under a tap. But you warm it up anyway with the brush.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Fed Ex truck just drove by. I don't understand that, as I didn't order anything. I am anticipating a PIF, though, from @wristwatchb-2 Kent combs(I already have the pocket one).

JACarbone, wristwatchb and Trigger like this.
  20. palmolive fox

Thank you joe. have a great joyous weekend.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.