30 Day Rule/Focus; March 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

No problem-I'm still trying to relocate the video of that kid shaving with Williams and saying "I really don't like this soap".

JACarbone, Herm2502 and Trigger like this.
  2. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe, just love the smell of the Tobacco Leaf, I keep sneaking upstairs every now and then for another noseful!

thanks Gary, so glad I got this one and it turned out fine. Never know with online purchases.

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

5th March 2023.

4. palmolive fox

5th March 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
    Razor: Merkur 34C. - Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB. /Milton Lloyd Essentials No1 EdP.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i used the Pearlman Shaver's spirit soap is good shaving soap... It's very slick, protective with a fresh mild masculine fragrance which lingers throughout the shave and beyond creating a wonderful lather in a short space of time leaving a good post shave feel.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No1 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your and enjoy your Sunday ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    JACarbone, brit, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.
  5. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

5 Mar

Sunday PM shave. Nice to have lots of time to focus on this during the w/e.

24+ hours growth, face wash, hot water soak, proraso pre shave,

Another TOBS cream, scent not as nice as the Tobacco leaf but still super nice and slick
    Day 2 of Perma-Sharp, I like this blade I think I can stretch this to day 3.

March Focus:
    M
    erkur Progress: on 2+ then 2 then 1+
    Mapping: Close attention to the tricky areas.
    March Madness: I tried shaving with the left hand to get into the hollows under my right ear. No damage but no better than the right hand; to get into those areas with my right hand needs some weird shoulder contortions. Have to figure out a better way for this area.

First pass -
    Along the cheeks and sideburns I used a little more pressure than usual, this seems to be my safe area.
    Going both with and across the grain to try and gain some efficiency in the first pass.
    Top lip N-S but down and out.
    Still missed getting to the chin at the end of the first pass. Although the lather was nice and slick it started to dry, so I had to re-apply some more.

Second pass -
    Top lip I am now going Inside to Outside, using the upper half of the blade taking care to not hit the bottom lip.
    Bottom lip = both ATG, I can tolerate this here, but also need down-and-out and down-and-in sort of a slide manoeuvre to get the crazy growth pattern here.

Third pass -
    ATG cheeks. More ATG lower lip. Top lip Outside to Inside.

Buffing for touch ups: very light very short strokes in the remaining areas: Chin, top lip, mouth corners, under ears, around Adam's Apple. Starting to incorporate short buffing strokes with varied angles in these tough areas.
    Post: warm water and then cold water wash. Alum (minimal feedback) -Thayers - followed by Who is Elijah eau de parfum.

Really smooth again. BBS in some areas. I am beginning to think that BBS is really another name for EBB. Exfoliation by blade. By the time I get that smooth the skin is starting to feel, hmm too smooth.

I like the Merkur Progress, the crisp sound you get when you get the angles right.
    But the head is a bit large for under the nostrils. Still some stragglers there having a bit of a laugh at my expense.

Each part of the face needs its own strategy, figuring out which way the grass grows, where the high and low bits of the lawn are and how best to get the lawnmower in there.

5 mar small.jpg

Hope your weekends all end well.

JACarbone, brit, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Wonderful shave, pic and setup Barry. Have a super Sunday afternoon.

ChrisB, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  7. Trigger

Excellent job on shaving your every which way beard Chris. It really sounds like your difficult beard pattern is giving you fits. I sometimes have to J hook or do a Gilliette slide to get difficult areas on my neck. The J hook maneuver is like twisting the handle like a doorknob so that the razor moves in a quarter turn. The Gillette slide is when you are sliding the razor on a NW-SE or NE -SW direction.
    It does take practice to be able to do these strokes. I don't always go for BBS. Looking clean-shaven is really the goal for me. Enjoy your Sunday.

ChrisB, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, that's it for the Clubman Brushless Barber Cream(for me anyway-I'm not suggestijng no one should try it). I'm just not ONE with it. Flipped it after today. I missed a few areas I normally get (with soap or spray goo). Clubman A.S. to the rescue! What a product that has been for nearly two centuries. Overall, today's shave was barely outstanding. I can do better.

Herm2502, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  9. palmolive fox

Thank you, Joe. Enjoy your Sunday.

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  10. Trigger

March 5 SOTA

Good afternoon.

Shavette Shave #441
    Parker SRB
    Silverboy DE 1/2 Blade (5)
    Rockwell Synthetic Brush
    Angora Soaps Midnight Lavender SS and AS Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 22.5 hrs

20230305_161024.jpg

I really didn't need to shave, but I always want to look my best when I attend services.
    Therefore, I picked out one of my favorite scents for this afternoon's shave. I also love this soap for its creamy, slick lather every time I use it.
    Did WTG and ATG passes for a nice, smooth comfortable shave without any major drama. The alum feedback was negligible. Double-splashed the matching aftershave to end this relaxing session. Take care.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe.

Trigger likes this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent dual shave Joe. The ladies don’t stand a chance.

Trigger likes this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

AFFFE11B-7F3A-4447-A41D-7FA960749F9D.jpeg

SE Shave # 315 - Sample Soap Sunday & March Mug Madness

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Ever-Ready 1912 SE
    Blade: GEM Stainless (10)
    Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts 26 mm Tuxedo
    Lather: Hub City Red Cabin in the Woods
    Aftershave: Freya’s Magic Thor’s Hammer Bay Rum
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Very nice DFS with the Hub City RC in the W. I classified this shave as a DFS since the missus made a comment that the shave did not feel as close as usual. Since this was the 10th shave with this blade I placed it in the blade bank for disposal.

I tried a new Bay Rum aftershave. It has a very nice scent with a little citrus overtone. The longevity of the scent lasted for about an hour although I did not give an overdose of the splash. Prior to heading out to
    Pick up my mother for mass and lunch, I splashed on some PAA Atomic Rocket Bst Rum aftershave/cologne. Approximately, 8 hours post application I still getting subtle whiffs of the scent. The PAA is good stuff.

Hope you all had an enjoyable Sunday.

brit, palmolive fox, ChrisB and 2 others like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Smelling good in the neighborhood Joe.

Trigger likes this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Barry. I am not familiar with that shave soap.

palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave and write Chris

ChrisB and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

Thanks Joe. I go there just to get out of the house. I am no prize, but it usually is slim pickings at best. Lol!

JACarbone likes this.
  18. Trigger

Thanks Joe. It really is an excellent soap.

19. Trigger

Wonderful shave Joe. It's always good to have a backup aftershave for a long lasting sillage.

JACarbone likes this.
  20. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thanks again Joe! Yes every which way, nah not that bad, just me trying to get to grips with how to tackle it. I am slowly introducing the Gillette slide into my "safe areas". The tough areas I am buffing in short strokes with different angles. The J-hook I will leave for a no coffee day. ;) Honestly, with the slight hand tremor I have, I generally need to steady the right razor hand with the left hand, just to keep it in check. Will practice the J-hook in the challenging chin areas without a blade first for a few days, then maybe with a less aggressive razor.

Thank you Joe.

Thanks Gents, slowly improving, thanks to the Den!

Have a great week ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.