30 Day Rule/Focus; May 2023. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

25th May 2023.

thurs.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving soap.
    Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Davidoff Cool Water ASL./ Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

A very enjoyable comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off in style the Parker 94R/Dorco PP is an excellent duo.

The Ach Brito Mogno soap is a wonderful performer it gets top marks for it's performance scent, protection, slickness & post shave.
    My reacquaintance with the classic Davidoff Cool Water ASL has been a joy to use. It has to be one of my all time favourite fragrance's which I've like since the 90's when i was first purchased some..IMHO it's the best Davidoff fragrance.

It's my 60th birthday in June...As a present to myself I will be placing an order for some Goodfellas Smile Abysso shaving soap & matching ASL splash which suppose to be very Reminiscent of the Davidoff Cool Water fragrance. I look forward to trying the duo out.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Good morning. As promised, here is my lathering tutorial that I videod on Tuesday May 23 and it includes a 2 pass shavette shave. The lathering time was about 5 minutes and the shave was about 6 minutes so it wasn't a long video. I did drop the plastic bowl a couple of times because the soap was slippery and I usually have the bowl on the counter. Fortunately, no soap was lost. Lol! Enjoy.

ChrisB, JACarbone and brit like this.
  3. Trigger

Excellent shave Barry! You still have 12 days to enjoy your 50's. Don’t worry. The swinging 60's are fun, too. Lol! Enjoy your afternoon.

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20230525_064158.jpg
    Above the Tie Kronos with M1 aluminum plate.
    Astra SP blade (fresh).
    Simpson T3 Trafalgar synthetic brush.
    Tabac shave soap.
    Timeless Razor Shave bowl.
    American Tobacco by Andy Hilfiger.

Very nice three pass shave this morning. The ATT did an excellent job and looked great doing it.

Take care everyone!

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm a little ashamed that a Throwback Thursday shave wasn't top or near top ranked. That's what happened this morning. It was OK, though....could have been worse.. Fine work on the cheeks&sideburns. After that, things went downhill. The left side of North Porcupine got 2 Knicks, as did the lower right s ide of South Porcupine. 2 Polkadots on North Porcupine and the right side of Cactus Nation. No spilling of blood in any of this, though Got lucky with that. They all just "showed up". The Stephan B.R. afershave felt nice all over. Passion 4 Men cologne to finish. Kinda Outstanding.

6. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

25 May 2023

Using the same setup as yesterday but using a Feather (day 1)
    Somewhat closer shave, due to the Feather no doubt, especially around the Adam’s Apple and around the neck.
    Joe (@Trigger will be happy to know, there was some nice thick lather generated, I didn’t time it but likely around 4 minutes of chasing the lather around the bowl.
    I want to see how many shaves I can get out of this small sample soap, not being economical with it, but I need the Proraso Green Mug for the next samples!
    Starting to incorporate ATG in the 2nd pass in some areas. Still happy with ATG at the top lip, the Feather helps
    Able to get some areas of BBS as a bonus.

I am all citrussed up for the day! With some mentholatum thrown in for good measure on this chilly morning!

Overall superb shave: 9/10.

Feather again tomorrow, but I will delay the shave till > 24 hours, I am well exfoliated as it is!

7. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Interesting that Paul, some days is better, some days is not so good.

Glad you didn't draw any blood.

I find if I shave every 24 hours then after a few days I feel "roughed up" a bit. My face needs the rest.
    I also find as the blades get to day 2 or 3 I need to alter my technique a bit, I am thinking that doesn't help my learning curve, and wonder if using a fresh each day for a week or two might help.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just corrected my original blood statement, as I meant to say there was no SPILLING of the red stuff. As for razors/blades I have the disposeABLE, and throw it out daily to get another one, as 2 passes are probably good enough for one razor/blade. y the way, let me know if you are unclear with my goofiness (Porcupine Alley, Cactus Nation). Be happy to explain :).

9. brit

brit in a box

fine shaves gents.:cool::bounce017:

10. brit

brit in a box

thursday
    1939 #15/kcg
    simpson
    tobs
    burberry

[​IMG]

:eatdrink047:

11. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

LoL! all good, the odd nick, slice and dice heal quick enough. I am creating a mental map of your porcupine alleys and cactus nations. Love your creativity.

12. Trigger

Terrific Tabac Thursday shave Danny! Enjoy your day

brit, ChrisB and JACarbone like this.
  13. Trigger

There's nothing more than I can add because the pic says it all. Enjoy your day, Gary!

14. Trigger

Great post and shave Chris! Enjoy your day!

15. palmolive fox

Thank you Joe. I believe the "age is just a number" quote... I look forward to entering The swinging 60's. Hope you have a great day my friend.

PS I will watch your lathering video tomorrow.

brit, ChrisB, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  16. palmolive fox

Thank you Gary.

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

:happy088:

brit and JACarbone like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

IMG_4992.jpeg

DE Shave # 464

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Muhle R41
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts 26 mm Tuxedo
    Lather: PAA Meta Nectar
    Aftershave: PAA Meta Nectar Star Jelly
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel

Fabulous DE shave prior to my meetup with Joe, @Trigger, for breakfast. Once again, another two plus hours of great conversation.

The R41 always delivers a close and comfortable shaving experience. Three passes resulted in a super smooth and irritation free shave.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave Joe.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe.

brit and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.