30 Day Rule/Focus; May 2023. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Still very menthol heavy. Some vanilla mixed in there as well. Smells good. Still prefer vintage old spice over the skin bracer but they are both good imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Darn auto select strikes again! I changed it to microweep.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    JACarbone and brit like this.
  3. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

28th May 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Monsavon Au Lait Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Calvin Klein Eternity For Men ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Monsavon Au Lait as always provided me with a wonderful protective slick lather for the shave leaving an excellent post shave feel.

A close comfortable 2 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

JACarbone, Screwtape, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Sunday 28 May 2023

28 May 2023 border.jpg

Late afternoon 33 hours.
    Stirling Orange Chill sample (day 5 :( ) doesn’t look this will end anytime soon!
    Gillette Slim I-4 set on Number 6, Number 6, Number 3.
    Feather (3)
    ASL: Proraso Green Rinfrescante
    Skin care: Cerave cream with water
    Scent: Jo Malone Citrus bitter Cologne.

One tiny weeper left lower chin (healed itself)
    Two passes and some touch ups.
    I stopped well before I normally would. The aftershave treatment helped add to the feeling of smoothness.

Hmm, yesterday was a really close shave, today this was feeling a bit raw.
    Not sure why: 3rd day in a row of a Feather? Or the Slim set on number 6 for the first two passes. Still felt a bit rough on touch ups with the Slim set to No3.

My face needs a break!
    Overall smooth enough, but I can only score this 7/10, 1 point lost for the weeper, 2 points for the lack of comfort.

Hope you all do better today!

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Middle round of Stoylin Sheep/Skin Bracer went well. The brush was the

Brush-Razorock "400" Plissoft synthetic

and it served me jus fine-nice paint job to set up for the shave. Cheeks.sideburns checked in, as did North Porcupine Alley. South(chin)not so good, with 2 Knicks and a Polka-Dot. No danger down at Cactus Nation, but I really need to watch the area around my Ingrown Hairs(NE side). I do NOT want more of that Ingrown stuff. The Skin-Bracer was nice once again, and I think I found the answer to why I don't get much of the cologne to come out. I changed my grip and got out a good amount. It was all in the grip.Very Outstanding.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
    JACarbone, brit, ChrisB and 1 other person like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Thanks for gettin' us all in :).

brit, JACarbone, ChrisB and 1 other person like this.
  8. Trigger

Nice shave Chris! Feathers are usually good for 2 to 3 shaves for most shavers because they dull quickly. It's definitely not your technique. Take care.

9. Trigger

That's a nice shave Barry! Enjoy your afternoon!

10. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Ok that's good to know Joe, thanks.:happy088:
    I had planned to try this one for a 4th day in a row, maybe in a less aggressive razor next time round, maybe with some MWF (still got the tallow one, phew!), but don't think I will bother now.

Trigger, brit and JACarbone like this.
  11. Paul Turner

I didn't know there WAS a tallow MWF. I prefer tallow over triple-milledl It's a shame all Bill Neumann soaps are 3xmilled(but I won't throw mine awa just because of that-I mean it IS Bill Neumann after all :).

12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

IMG_5015.jpeg

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Target Generic Cartridge
    Brush: Ever Ready 200T
    Lather: Lather Bros. Calle Ocho
    Aftershave: Floïd Genuine Vigoroso

Travel Day 3 Shave - Actual birthday of my son Anthony. He will become officially a teenager at 11:27 PM this evening. He is having one phenomenal birthday weekend.

Another fine lather with the Calle Ocho! Close shave but nothing like that of the razors in the den. At 4 hours post shave, the scruffiness is beginning to be noticeable. You can keep the cartridges - serves their purpose due to TSA restrictions but sub par.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

13. brit

brit in a box

i get 2 shaves from a feather,not worth the extra cost imho.i prefer nacet they feel as sharp and last 3,but way cheaper per 100 pack.:):eatdrink047:.remember most blades are cut for barber use and they use one per client.

14. brit

brit in a box

awesome sunday affairs gents.:cool:

15. brit

brit in a box

-The-Sunday-Shave-
    schick I1/schick
    yaqi silvertip
    crown shaving co

[​IMG]

:eatdrink047:

ChrisB, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Nice Orange Chill shave. Back to a non-Feather blade for the next shave.:happy088:

brit, ChrisB and Trigger like this.
  17. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Sunday May 28/23 - Merkur and Mix'n'Match May

Prep: Hot face wash
    Razor: Merkur 34C / IP Super Platinum (2)
    Brush: JR #267 burled maple with Omega Pro 49 boar knot
    Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co. Classic Barbershop
    Post: Rinse, alum, rinse, styptic pencil, Thayers Unscented Alcohol-free Witch Hazel mist

Last shave was Monday, so a six-day stubble to mow.

I haven't used the Hendrix soap for quite awhile, so I went with it. It's a fairly simple but well-made vegan soap. I tend to prefer tallow soaps, but this one does a good job too -- easy to lather, slick, good glide and cushioning. Hendrix Classics & Co. was created a few years ago by a member here who got into soap-making.

The Merkur 34C is a mild razor but not completely foolproof. I have been using Supply's injector with the virtually nick-proof SE comb plate almost exclusively for the past year, and it has made me complacent. As I was zipping through my shave today, while shaving my neck ATG, I failed to stretch my neck enough to tighten the skin around my Adam's apple properly, ran the razor over a slight wrinkle, and gave myself a solid nick. I felt the sting as it happened and knew immediately what I had done. Sure enough, by the time I was finished shaving, I had a dime-sized patch of blood spreading on my neck. The alum didn't stop it, and I had to resort to the styptic pencil for the first time in months.

Oops! Lesson (re)learned...

Otherwise, it was a good shave. One pass got the job done, the alum was silent (except on the nick), and the witch hazel is mainly serving just a mild moisturizer.

I hope you have all enjoyed a good weekend.

palmolive fox, brit, ChrisB and 2 others like this.
  18. Screwtape

Nice photo, Gary.

Hmmm. I know the Crown Shaving Co. products are made in Canada, I believe by a guy in Toronto. I have looked at them but never pulled the trigger. How do you like them?

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  19. Screwtape

Great shave, Joe!

Scary news about your son though -- just a couple more years, and he will be old enough to be unleashed on an unsuspecting public behind the wheel of a vehicle...

brit, ChrisB, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  20. Trigger

Nice shave Joe. I definitely understand. Happy Birthday Anthony!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.