Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 12, 2018.
I had one on the way home from work Friday morning. Might have another this afternoon.
Sorry about that my bad. I told the pilot but it’s hard to get good help these days.
No big deal to me...but every Cosmo missed by her hurts my cause. And chicks dig scars, but mostly scars inflicted by others.
In grad school I bought a 72 Crown Vic for $300, huge car, got about 8 mpg.
Smoked meet, smoke cigars, meet my 30DC family. I can’t wait.
Next time I’ll just leave the keys in it, it is insured.
Keys for the G5 are on the fourth peg, just inside hangar office. Just in case.
Yup 8 is about right. My Expedition has the 5.4 it does a little better. I bet there might even be an adult beverage or two. And coffee.
plus adult beverages and coffee!!!
JANUARY 15 UPDATE!!!
***Please share this thread with anyone you know on here who might be interested. This event is for ALL of TSD!***
I have a few things already in the early works.
1. Pappy's looks like a go. We can get their private room with a buffet style meal as long as we have a minimum of 40. Or, we can have them cater at the hotel or wherever.
2. I've got info on a couple of hotels near to Pappy's to make that part easy. Also not far from Busch if the game idea works. Nothing firm yet as we still don't have a definite date.
3. We have a couple of people who will be driving and are willing to serve as drivers if we need transportation in town, or to pick up from airport for those who might fly in. Please let me know if you can provide a carpool if we need it.
4. So far only 8 votes in the poll. I know it's early. Yep, we're several months away. Guess what? Without a firm date this becomes a cat herding expedition not only with the group but also with the restaurant, hotel, etc. My CT has nothing to do with being a Cat Sherpa. And I don't want to yell AAACK!!! every day. So, I want the date set by the end of January. That gives everyone two weeks to figure out what's best. I'm going to schedule in the month that will get the biggest group together. I hate to exclude anyone but I know we can't please everyone, so majority will be the deciding factor. If you haven't voted in the poll please do so asap if you plan to come.
5. If you know you're going to attend (based on the date working for you) or if you can come any date, please send an email with your Name, Phone Number, and how many you are bringing total. Send it to email@example.com as I will be keeping everything together under that email address. If you need to call about anything or text changes, etc., the number is 314-451-1215. (Chris, you can just use the hotline as always).
More to come as we move along. Date set by January 31 and we then move on to put it together. It may seem like a long way off but it's not.
Let's make it happen!!!
Nine votes so far. Just a reminder that the clock is running to set the date. That is all. For now.
Fuzzy, I might take you up on that offer. Help with the gasoline, and I'll bring the Community Chicory brew in a thermos that ought to get us to the State Line. Don't reserve my seat just yet though. I have an opportunity to visit my oldest son in Melbourne, Australia. It's still in the planning stages with dates uncertain. Gotta renew my Passport and I don't think I'm on the No-Fly list.
What a conundrum! Go Down Under to build a carport/laundry room and tickle the 'Roos, or BBQ scented group hug in The 'Lou with a bunch of guys wearing good stink. I'm hoping I can work in both activities!
If it helps - St. Louis Zoo has a fine collection of kangaroos and other marsupials. As for the building projects, my wife is harping, er, suggesting some raised beds for the garden so there's that. Just trying to be helpful.
The St. Louis Zoo is terrific! And it's free! We spent three hours there on a trip a couple of years ago and I didn't see it all.
It is rated as one of the top zoos in the country. I've spent an entire day there and haven't seen it all. I usually end up in with the reptiles for awhile though. It is still free, parking in Forest Park is free if you don't mind walking a bit, or there is paid parking right near the entrance. Tip for travelers - it's worth the cost for parking in the secure lot as local entrepreneurial types sometimes seek opportunity in relieving parked cars of excess cargo. Out of State tags tend to be more popular. Considering the zoo is free, the parking fee is a minor cost.
I might take you & the Lady up on that project. Part of being a journeyman carpenter is taking trips to the job sites where ever they present themselves. If I have access to the right tools rather than bringing mine, and made bus fare to get home I could take a little time after the Meet Up. Wouldn't want to clutter Fuzzy's ride with my tools or keep him from getting back home for his business.
NOW HIRING - Ok, well so maybe not hiring but looking for a volunteer. Anyone with some artistic skills? We have a project that needs an artist's touch. Let me know if you are interested.
Arizona isn't on the way to St. Louis either, unless you're coming from Southern California I suppose. However, it would be a scenic trip.
We are now 6 days from January 31. I plan to set the date for this on February 1 unless I have a compelling reason to extend that deadline. So far only 10 votes in the poll, and when put together we have a virtual tie between June and August. If you have a strong preference, now is the time to vote it. Please only vote once (I think I limited it but not sure).
There are a few things going on beneath the surface as we continue moving forward so please don't think that silence here means this is a dead thread. I'll keep you posted.
If Salvador Dali had designed the St. Louis Arch...
Separate names with a comma.