38C or 23C???

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Feb 18, 2009.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

So I'm thinking about a new razor (don't tell my wife please) and was looking at the Merkur 38C and 23C but can't really see any difference in the pictures I looked at. Could someone tell me what, if any, the differences are in those two razors.

Inquirying minds want to know. And if you know where that line comes from, you're old.

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

The 23C has a slim handle with nice grippy texture to it. The 38C has a huge handle that has twisty barber pole type knurling to it and a huge bulbous piece directly under the razor head.

I had both and MUCH preferred the 23C. The 38C is still to this day the fugliest razor I've ever seen and the grip is slippery and twisted in my hands. Of course some people like them. I'm not entirely sure but the 23C is a three piece and the 38C may be two?

Oh and thanks for calling me old! ;)

3. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

so chris you're saying the 23C is slimmer than the 38C? Inquiring minds want to know (don't tell my wife please!)

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Quite a bit thinner, like about half size compared to the 38C and much more secure grip IMO. I'll be honest, I do sometimes miss my 23C.