90 minutes

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by gsan, Oct 29, 2020.

1. gsan

gsan New Member

If an experienced cart razor user takes him about 90 minutes in total to get a close and i mean close shave even with the flexball power razor from gillette that comes with the proshield cart or the pace 7 blade power razor from dorco, how on earth could they master a de razor assuming it doesnt even take them longer than 90 minutes????!!!

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I take around 5 minutes for a very close shave, perhaps less. I can't understand how it could possibly take so much longer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PLANofMAN, gorgo2, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

No disrespect intended, but how on Earth does it take you 90 minutes with a cart? Assuming that you're shaving just your face and neck.

gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I average about 5 to 7 minutes in total for a DFS or BBS that said I'm a one and buff pass man. I mainly use a DE, but periodically use a Schick stick shift.

:shaver

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Who takes 90 minutes to get close with a cart? You? Or is this just an odd hypothetical? I can get BBS with a cart in 90 seconds if I need to, and with no issues.

Enrico likes this.
  6. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Is there even any skin left after 90 minutes of grinding? :think002:

I agree with the the comments above, regardless of how close shave you want it should never take this long. The time spend with the razor in hand should be just a few minutes. And that regardless of the tool you use.

If you want super close shave it is important to map your face so you know in what direction your beard is growing. For me it is left to right under the jaw line and top down on the cheeks with small variations. Regardless of how many passes you do there will almost always be some small amount of stubble left that you will feel unless you also go against the grain. Some areas might even have hair growing in multiple direction and then if you want to be completely baby butt smooth then you might need to take one pass in each direction for that area. A close shave comes naturally from knowing your face and good technique with the razor.

I do only two passes: one with the grain and one against the grain and that with a mild double edge razor and I get very close shaves.

Enrico likes this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I have an issue with the words "experienced" and "90 minutes" being used in the same sentence. If it takes a cartridge user 90 minutes to shave, they lack experience, technique, whatever you want to call it.

Shaver X likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It takes me less than half that time to shave my legs & underarms!

Shaver X and Primotenore like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Even when I take my time; use a straight razor; make three passes; total time, including stropping, lather making, shaving and cleanup is about 15-20 minutes and that's when I really go slowly. 90 minutes? Unfathomable. :shocked029:

Shaver X likes this.
  10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Have to agree with the others. 90 minutes is way longer than it would take me to shower, shave and trim my goatee.

brit likes this.
  11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Did this take 90 min.? :innocent
    bunny.jpg

brit and Shaver X like this.
  12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Does the person in question have a disability of some sort? If not, then that individual is neither experienced nor proficient when it comes to shaving.

Unless, of course, they have paws instead of hands, in which case 90 minutes is actually quite good.

brit, PLANofMAN and richgem like this.
  13. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

Did the OP maybe mean 90 seconds?

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk