A birds eye view

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by oscar11, Jan 16, 2012.

1. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Again, I'd like to say I'm not an expert on shaving brushes. I'll let the photo speak for itself of the surface area of the different type and knot sizes. I'll offer a few knucklehead observations, remember these are my opinions about my brushes. Generally speaking if I could do these brushes over, the bulbs would have more loft and the fans would have less. The exception would be both 22 mm brushes, I'm happy with them. The 24 mm would be shorter by a least 5 mm, maybe more. I don't have a 24 mm bulb (I'll probably get around to it) if I did make one it would be 50-55 mm. My instinct tells me 50 mm but experience tells me longer (bulb only). I like my 24 fan but feel I wouldn't lose anything buy going shorter. I feel the clinker of the bunch is the 26 mm bulb. It's not a bad brush but my least favorite. This is the one that I really wish had some more loft. My favorite brush, the 30 mm. This brush performs way better than the 26 mm and there's not much difference in loft. I can't explain that, but it still wouldn't bother me if the 30 was a few mm longer. Not pictured, the 20 mm fan that my son-in-law made off with and the 28 mm bulb I should be making this weekend. I'll note that the 20mm fan was bigger than the 22 bulb from above. Favorite brushes, the 30 mm and the 22 mm fan build along brush. All knots are TGN 2 band finest. birds eye view 001 1024X768_1024x768.jpg