A brush question (does size matter?)

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by gregindallas, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Blobster

Blobster Member

That's pretty small. How's that compare to a Wee Scot? For somebody doubting the merits of big brushes, you've got a few monsters there! I agree, unless you want to use up ten times the amount of soap you really need, lather your entire face, ears, inside the nostrils, the sides of your neck and half the bathroom in one stroke I can't see what's good about them either. They do look sensational as part of a collection. I love that little Ever Ready travel brush.

2. Fido

Fido Member

To be looked at rather than used. Polo 14 and Kent V16. 34mm and 38mm knots.

[​IMG]

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I think somewhere between 22 and 26mm is my Goldilocks area. I haven't tried bigger, but my 26mm brush is a bit on the "hard to put lather where I want it easily" side of things.

That Kent brush is a joke, right? How can that be used? Lather it up and then give it a brumski? It is a thing of wonder, sure, but it is about the most impractical thing I've seen. Almost to the point of a 5 bladed cartridge......

4. Fido

Fido Member

I have used the Polo 14. It is just about manageable but not really a practical brush. More for display. The V16 despite it's 38mm knot feels more compact because of its bulb shape. But it will remain unused and a bit of a museum piece for the future.

battle.munky likes this.