A call to all Wet shavers here with a youtube account I require some varied know-how and experience

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by chrishavehq, Nov 10, 2016.

1. chrishavehq

chrishavehq New Member

Hello everybody, I have just filmed a beginners video for youtube to try and debunk most of the terminology that people new to wet shaving would not understand (E.G- BBS, XTG, Blooming etc.) at the end of the video I call on other more seasoned shavers to add comments on anything they think would also be good to know and that I may have missed out. Remember, this is only at the beginner level but I am trying to build a decent informative Hub if you will. I will leave the link to the video below, please if you have a youtube account, leave advice for new budding shavers in the comment section of the video. Thank you guys, stay smooth!

Bussemand likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Have to agree with this ^^^. I am a pipeline construction foreman, and am quite capable of swearing up a streak that would embarrass a sailor, but there is a time and a place for everything.

I am hardly offended by your video, but the language really just doesn't work. Clean it up and you might have something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'll just say, "Hi"

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. chrishavehq

chrishavehq New Member

thank you all for your concern, i will try to keep the language minimum, but admittedly my approach is me, its how i talk and its how i'm most comfortable reviewing and instructing, being in the army certainly hasn't helped me keep a lock down on swearing occasionally but the odd one may slip out if i'm talking passionately about something.
    not here to offend, merely to help out with my individual style of deliverance :)

-Chris

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Nobody would want you to be someone other than you are, but this is basically a G - PG forum. I saw that you put this video up on Wicked Edge; it is probably fits in just fine there.

Happy shaving to you, and it being Veterans Day tomorrow, thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD! Thank you for your service!

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thanks for serving.
    Yup.

The great thing about typing is you can review what you've written before hitting POST.

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Chris, welcome to The Shave Den, and thank you for serving in the military! Please consider joining us over on the 30-day focus thread. We're all there to learn and have fun together. I've been doing this wet shaving thing for 4 years, and I'm learning new stuff all the time from my friends here.

You have a high-energy and very engaging style. Since you asked for feedback, I think you'd be more effective in reaching your audience if you clean up your language. I'd have to ask myself if I'd be comfortable using certain words with my Mom, Bride, Daughter, someone else's Daughter, my in-laws, a child, or with a prospective employer. You get the idea.

Your videos will be on YouTube for all to see for many years to come. What seemed right to me in my 20s looks much different when I look back on it 30 years later. You make the choice, but I'm respectfully asking you to think deeply and carefully about it. Self-examination is a good thing for all of us. :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    RyX likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Wet shaving is Old School.

old school..jpg

PickledNorthern likes this.
  11. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Welcome to TSD