A Christmas Tale

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by PhilNH5, Dec 30, 2011.

1. PhilNH5

PhilNH5 Member

My Daughter's beau (known as Fusil for Future son inlaw) has started wet shaving. He uses some Parker TTO, has loads of good soaps and plenty of aftershaves, balms and colognes.
    His weak link has been his brush - the boar one in the VDH starter set.

For Christmas my wife and I gave him a silvertip badger in an ebony base from Penworks. They were great to order from and deal with. The brush it's self is a beauty.

His first use of the brush was at our house. My daughter pays enough to warn him to shampoo the brush to help get rid of any "stink". He did this and then proceeded to shave.

After finishing up he proclaimed how great the brush was and how great the silvertip badger is. But he asked if this was normal and showed me his newly bloomed brush - it was 3 times wider than before he used it. Before I could begin to explain brush bloom to him my daughter supplied her logical answer:
    "Of course it would do that - you used shampoo and conditioner for extra volume."

Phil

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Gotta love that extra volume! :rofl:

Good fortune to the future couple!

alpla444 likes this.
  3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

:signs011:, Nice story:)

4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Phil that's great! I would just stick with that answer! :happy097:
    After all it sounds SO much better than just saying "yes the brush blooms".;)

5. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

:happy096:Great Story thanks for sharing.

6. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Had me worried for a minute. I expected to read that someone took a pair of scissors and cut off part of the bloom.

Good story.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Love it! That was great.

8. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Haha that's awesome, did she give him Pantene? lol

9. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
    :signs011:, I was waiting to hear something unfortunate so I was relieved that it was more a Ro-Co than a Tragedy!

10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Great Story....and sounds like a great brush and a GREAT GIFT....Thanks for sharing....