A GrabBox 4 the ChatterBox (GB4CB)

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Dec 9, 2014.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

The DE blades were yours from me....I thought I wrote your name on the bag....

Darkbulb likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm just happy to see it's moving along. :)
    Is this your first Arko?

3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

No, it's actually my second. I like Arko, at least occasionally. I like to mix it with Derby Lemon and Derby Lavender creams and make what I call Turkish Delight. It goes from smelling like Pez to smelling like Fruit Loops cereal. :)

Darkbulb likes this.
  4. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

They were in there still when I sent it along.

5. Mr. Shaverman

I think they got redistributed somehow. I think those blades wound up in the bag with the Balzano blades that you sent me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  6. JR Reyes

Yeah it was one bag with some bolzzanos and a blade sampler...a mix. As long as you got the blades you were after...it's whatever, no biggie.

7. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Just an update that Mr. Shaverman has my info and will be getting the box back on its way this weekend.

youngunn, Darkbulb and Jayaruh like this.
  8. Mr. Shaverman

The box is leaving the great Pacific NW and making its way to the mystical desert region of the American SW. Tracking # has been sent to Mr. Smallwood.

I'm very glad that I came up with this idea and was able to participate in it. Thanks Mr. @Darkbulb for actually making this happen through his generosity. May his broken back be healed with the thousand shaves of generosity he has provided. Or something like that.

Darkbulb and gwsmallwood like this.
  9. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't know where I was when this was going on, but I am bummed I missed it. Super cool idea. I may steal it soon! I have a good amount of stuff I would like to pass on, but it is too much for a PIF. Much like this.

10. gwsmallwood

I'm curious how you're liking the shovel head? I was given one by a fellow head shaver recently. First shave was terrible. Since then I've had two really good shaves with it, but the tiny handle is a little awkward for head shaving. I just picked up a setscrew so I can try it with my Maggard MR3 handle tomorrow.

11. gwsmallwood

Are any of them shovel heads? I guess I'll find out early next week, but if so then they may not. I decided I like shovel heads and the one I have has crooked hinges. The blade sits straight, but the cover doesn't. It makes loading the blade a little tricky.

12. JR Reyes

That shovel head was the main reason I enjoy SE shaves. I was able to pair it with an art deco handle, and it has a good balance of weight and handle length. I got lucky and scored a SE lot from the bay, but none of those were shovels, otherwise I would try and hook you up.

I went from 1 to 8 SE razors quick...lol.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  13. gwsmallwood

I'm only at 2. Bullet Tip is ok. I like the shovel head I just have to pair it with a handle that makes it safer, and I picked up a clog pruf at an antique store but got it home and cleaned it up to realize the blade stops were worn off. :sad024:

I've got my eye on some ebay lots that have shovel heads and OCMMs but I've got this grab box and a passaround with some other AZ folks I wanted to check out first.

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ha, thanks the back is a bit better.
    Credit is all yours for coming up with the idea. It was really fun to put together :)

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It's a great way to cleanse yourself of stuff you don't use/need/have duplicates of, etc - and hopefully find someone who is willing to take it off your hand for some postage cost :)

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think the only shovel head in the box has been grabbed.

17. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Yeah there weren't anymore category b razors left. I added that 1914.

18. gwsmallwood

Looks like I'll have to jump on one of those cased travel sets I've been tracking.;)

Jayaruh likes this.
  19. gwsmallwood

Latest Update
    Screenshot_2015-01-21-14-58-47_2.jpg

Darkbulb likes this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

gwsmallwood likes this.