A GrabBox 4 the ChatterBox (GB4CB)

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Dec 9, 2014.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I think your right....the mama bear was amber. I hope it works out for you. Sounds like you found some good stuff. Well worth the wait...lol.

Darkbulb likes this.
  2. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I'll try and get this moving along to the final stop tomorrow or Friday. I added a couple of things for Jayaruh that he hasn't tried yet.

Darkbulb likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks a lot, Garrett. I like trying new things.

Darkbulb likes this.
  4. gwsmallwood

On it's way. I'll send you tracking info later.

JR Reyes and Darkbulb like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    The box arrived. I had forgotten all about it until today. I checked the tracking and found out that it was in town and out for delivery. When I went down to check the mail, there were two pieces of mail, but no package. I checked the tracking again and it said it was out for delivery. Evidently the mail came late today. What I got earlier must have been yesterday's mail. Well, it was dark and I checked tracking again, and it said it was delivered in or near the mailbox. So, I went down again and found a box full of mail and the package was in the back, wall to wall. I had the hardest time getting it out of the box. It was loaded in from the back, but they did not take into account that the door on the front impeded the opening by probably 3/8 inch. I took out my trusty Swiss Army knife and cut the package out.

I feel like I am the winner. Garrett, @gwsmallwood, added in some stuff of his own. Here's what I got.

Citrus Pre-shave oil, Proraso Pre-shave, Pinaud Clubman Vanilla AS, TSD AS splash (peppermint), the Neillite razor, Col. Conk Amber Soap, Every Man Jack Shaving Lotion, and a variety of 9 blades.
    grabbox1.jpg grabbox2.jpg grabbox3.jpg grabbox4.jpg

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

And so it comes to an end.
    RIP little GrabBox.

Hope you all enjoyed it.

I enjoyed freeing up some space for..uh..other acquisitions.

Thanks again to @Mr. Shaverman for the GrabBox idea.

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you for doing this GrabBox, @Darkbulb and @Mr. Shaverman for the idea. As the Jumbo winner, I look forward to using my new stuff.

Mr. Shaverman and Darkbulb like this.
  8. gwsmallwood

I've only tried out the Every Man Jack Shave Cream and Lotion so far. The lotion is nice, but goes on just a little more oily than my current Neutrogena Moisturizer. The shave cream is definitely serviceable, but wasn't anything special. It was my first foray into brushless creams of that style. I'm guessing it's pretty good for what it is. It would make a nice travel cream.

I've been taking part in Fatboy February, so I haven't tried out the 1914 yet, but I may cheat and do a SE Sunday before the end of the month. Currently talking to a friend about getting the straight into shave-ready shape.

Jayaruh, Mr. Shaverman and Darkbulb like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I tried out the Proraso Pre-shave this morning. It added an extra chill :Animatedfrozensmily: to the Proraso :Animatedfrozensmily: green. Very nice shave.

Mr. Shaverman and Darkbulb like this.
  10. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Can you believe it's almost been a year since this happened? I think it's time for round 2! Come on @Darkbulb

Darkbulb likes this.