A Little Help With Masters Aftershaves

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by mbastings, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

good to see your positive report on the Bay Rum

2. Paul Turner

research, my man :)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The Master Welcome Comb line of aftershaves can be found for very cheap. So far I have tried:

Masters Bay Rum
    Topaz
    Spice
    Dragon Noir

The Topaz may be my favorite, sweet powdery scent that seems to have the best longevity of all of them. The Bay Rum is not bad either, no clove light Bay oil scent.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's a plus then. Clove is the one spice in Bay Rum that I can't like. One of my nearby supply stores carries the full line. Cheap price & large bottles.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

I love Champagne and use it often and generously. I would pour it over my head in victory if I ever won the lottery. It goes well with Quorum Silver, which is a cedar bomb. When combined you smell like you just crawled out of a cedar chest.

7. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I have a few of the Master's line so here is my rundown of the scents as I " get "them.
    Spice-a lighter "sunnier" energetic spice.
    Jade-I really ,really wanted to like this stuff.It should be renamed the green ghost...A Polo type fragrance that lasts all of 6 minutes. and vanishes.
    Topaz-a powdery fragrance that is hard to describe.
    Lord&Master-a fragrance from my childhood I think it was the scent from the wee shaver kit.This smells like that with a bit of the smell of the amber antiseptic hand soap.
    Challenge-a manly smell nothing metrosexual here.Cedarwood with a bit of orange and maybe black pepper in the background.A great fall/winter scent.
    Focus-take the fougere smell out of Brut and substitute pine.Very nice and soothing.This one has extra goodies for the skin.
    Blue/Blue Ocean the name has changed a few times-Aqua Velva on steroids.
    Lilac Vegetal-No cat urine here,just a nice light floral scent.
    Iceland Breeze-this is the Veg of the line.Actually that is a good description.Lilac notes with some green pine and a good bit of menthol.Basically it is MENTHOL VEGETAL Some days I like it.Some days I wash it off.

I think that is all of them that I have The Challenge and Focus are the only ones I have bought replacement bottles for.
    hope this helps.

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thanks for the scent breakdown @urrlord . Local shops carry both these and Pinaud. I've about collected all of Ed's stuff. You make me want to try several Masters offerings.