A little late to be concerned

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gott654, Nov 7, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm now clean shaven after several months; just took off all my facial hair with my LC NEW and mine looks exactly like that one arrived to you. :)

preidy likes this.
  2. gott654

gott654 Well-Known Member

I've had far better luck buying stuff from etsy than eBay. That's where this came from

3. gott654

It's nice razor that's for sure. And pretty smooth, which surprised me.

Jim99 and gorgo2 like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep. It's not quite the smoothest Gillette ever but to look at it, you might not think he could be that smooth.

5. DrTerror

DrTerror Well-Known Member

It is certainly worth what you paid for it!.It is one of Gillette's best shaver's,even if it isn't one of the most collectable.I personally love New's,of any sort,although my favourite is the #77/#88 UK 2 piece version....;)

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. gott654

I agree totally. Feels about like my Slim turned to 9 but far smoother. Enough so that I'm confident enough to do an ATG pass. I've seen them nickel plated, and I really like the look. If only I knew of someone that plated razors

DrTerror likes this.
  7. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

Thanks. I forgot about etsy

8. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

Well, there go those low prices! Lol!!

+1 on loving how the LC New shaves. It's hard to beat...

9. impetus

impetus Member

you made out great. my 'new' was had for $10 with case, and a cracked ball end handle.
    too bad the plating is gone, but you could have it re-plated. was probably gold plated originally.
    love that blade case. i want one now. lol

only one shave with my new so far, but it's a keeper for sure.
    good luck with it.

Jim99 likes this.
  10. ugadawg

How does the new compare to the super speeds?

11. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

The Superspeeds are excellent shavers, but I feel the New, especially the Long Comb, takes the smoothness experience to a whole new level. Gillette got it RIGHT with that one!

DrTerror likes this.
  12. ugadawg

I bought a super speed to use as a travel razor, but I have to rinse it more than my above the tie m2. I was thinking the new might be a better option

13. gott654

Do you have a set that lacks the case?

14. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

Sorry, you definitely got burned. I will do you a favor by taking it off your hands. Lookit that, it fell apart!

[​IMG]
    Good find. Any DE in usable shape is worth $10 for the shave. I have a similar model, one of the mildest shavers in the house.

15. jmaier

jmaier Well-Known Member

You're not a hardcore vintage guy unless you shaved with the used blade it came with. ;)

16. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I recently picked up a NEW SC and it's tied for favorite razor status with my 55 Red Tip.

17. ugadawg

Pass on that

twhite likes this.
  18. gott654

+1