A OneBlade Razor For $50?!?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by mantic, May 28, 2017.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Friction fit worked enough to get through the shave but the results were not as good as the Feather. I think this razor just works better with the blade it was designed to use.

I saw that post as well. One the British shaving forums, I think ATG there is a link to a video showing how to use the OneBlade razors The video seemed to help forum members improve their shaves with the core.

In my experience you can not use this razor like a traditional SE or DE razor and get good results. It requires some pressure and longer shaving strokes. If I throw out my DE and SE experience and use the razor as I described the results have been excellent 3 pass shaves. The shaves have been as close as many razors I have used such as a New LC & Ikon B1 OC and better than the shaves I achieve with a Merkur 34c or Super Speed. The Core easily replaced the Feather Neo Cartridge razor in my motorcycle travel kit. The shaves have been such that I can see using it my normal rotation.

I would like to see OneBlade introduce some metal in key areas of the Core like the blade slot and blade stops. Much like Glock uses metal additions in key areas of the their pistol frame.

captnronfl and ninjack like this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

That would be great. I like it except for the aggressiveness. Thanks for the "heads up".

Herm

ninjack likes this.
  3. captnronfl

captnronfl Well-Known Member

Hey that's great.
    I will wait this time though until feedback on the batch comes in.
    Really looking forward to the "improved" version of the Core.
    OneBlade is really a first class act IMHO.

ninjack likes this.
  4. captnronfl

If you can, could you send the link?

Exactly what I was saying... well except for the excellent results.
    I could only get ok to good results with it.
    Of course it probably comes down to my technique.
    I really don't like using all that pressure so maybe the "improvements" will make the change I was looking for.

I agree with you 100% on this one all the way for sure.
    Of course it would probably mean some redesigning on OneBlades part.
    It would cut into the sides as I was trying to put the razor blade in every time.
    Once again this is probably my fault do to the familiar tremors I have.
    The tremors very and seem to be worst during the day which is why I shave right before going to bed..

5. captnronfl

But then you miss out on getting to try it out and experiment with it along with all the others which is why I am here.
    I like to learn and be apart of sharing information.
    I really like these forums.
    You get to share your thoughts and ideas.
    The fun part is listening to others to get their opinions and ideas.
    Yes it cost me $4 dollars to send it back.
    After thinking on it I got to be part of the experience and that's a small price to pay for it.
    Plus I got the enjoyment... and frustration at times which I think is a great way to experience this wonderful world we live in.

ninjack likes this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

No denying the appeal and excitement of getting in in the ground floor when a new product is released. I remember shave forums awash with buzz and giddy with excitement over the 'long-awaited' new Ikon slant being released a few years ago. I enjoyed the show but chose not to participate. I did finally get to try one a few years later after a few revisions and production issues.

captnronfl likes this.