A possible raffle ....DONE....

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by jimjo1031, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I just found out that I won. Thank you for the opportunity to try your soap. It works out great, because I stopped using PSO a while back. Thanks again.

2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Received my shipment today and used it!! I love the scent. It's a bad soap especially for your first try! Thank you!!

Robyflexx and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. DaltonGang

I received my PIF today. I will give them a try tonight. Thanks.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

your welcome. one suggestion, soap will lather better with a boar or badger brush. synthetic, while it will lather up, lather from other brushes seem more dense. and for some reason, Jorvaljr and I agree that Lab Blue blades shave well with it also, if you have any. Gillette blues didn't work out as well, but everyone's different.

5. DaltonGang

In what way is it a "bad soap"? Was that a typo?

6. jimjo1031

check his review at this thread, bad is also a way of saying good, I hope, but review here was positive
    SoS: June 20, 2016 - June 26, 2016

7. DaltonGang

That's good. Talking with my teenagers can be confusing also. Sick means great. Bad means good. Killed it means did great. I guess I'm getting old.

8. jimjo1031

Join the crowd, you and me both. no kids but nieces, nephew and their kids...............

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Lol my bad I meant it's NOT a bad soap.. Ugh !! I like it.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  10. jimjo1031

yeah, I figured that. glad it's working for you.

11. DaltonGang

Well, let me start by saying the scent of the soap was wonderful. I couldn't wait to try it this evening. I went for a nice swim in the neighborhood pool, and took a nice warm shower to prep the whiskers and wash off the pool chemicals.
    The soap was lathered with my new Zenith boar brush. The soap exploded with lather, and lathered even more on the face.
    I noticed it was very slick, which I liked. I started my usual three pass shave, rinsing and lathering between passes. After my first pass, before the rinse I noticed something unusual. I felt a tingling around my chin. No big deal, maybe I used too much pressure.
    By the third pass I had tingling and a very slight burning sensation in other areas. I've never had this happen before. I just thought, and was hoping it was the chlorine from the pool that caused my face to be extra sensitive.
    My wife didn't go to the pool, so I asked her to give it a try(leg shaving). I told her what I experienced.
    After her shower, she said she rubbed some on the top of one hand, and one cheek, and left it there a few seconds and washed it off. She said it started to tingle in those areas, even after the bath. She said that she used lotion to sooth it.

So, conclusion: Great smell, excellent lathering and slickness. It seems a little hot at this time. It all could be our sensitive skin, but this hasn't happened before.
    Sorry, I was really liking it until the tingling started.

ob1page and Jorvaljr like this.
  12. jimjo1031

might possibly be with sensitive skin, the citrus from the essential oil is causing it. some people will react that way to it. next batch I make will be a different essential oil and I'll put you on my list for one. my skin is a bit sensitive and when it's hot and humid, I sometimes get that tingling sensation

ob1page and Jorvaljr like this.
  13. Jorvaljr

Hmmm i didn't get any tingling from it. But I'm glad to hear other than that the soap lathered well and the slickness was there. I'm looking forward to the second shave with it.

What scent is it?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

That sounds great. I am hoping it's just a sensitivity to the extracts.
    Are you using a mass produced glycerine soap, as a base,, or are you making yours from scratch?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

it's called sweet orange.

16. jimjo1031

I buy it, wasn't too expensive. didn't feel like making it from scratch, yet anyway. I think it'll be goat's milk next time. I hear it lathers really good. just trying to think what scent to use.

ob1page likes this.
  17. Jorvaljr

How about Jasmine, lavender, or something like that.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

yeah, have lavender on my mental list. jasmine, yeah could work also. was thinking sandlewood, or something mixed with menthol. Oh, how about spearmint

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    RyX likes this.
  19. Jorvaljr

I like all of it

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Barbershop!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.