A real French Coq-fight

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jmudrick, Aug 23, 2019.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Two razors share the Le Coq branding and an aggressive disposition, the well known caged head and the much lesser known solid bar.

Both razors feature extraordinary exposure but the similarity pretty much ends there.

The caged head adopts a near horizontal blade angle, the solid bar a more traditional one. The caged head thus requires riding the cap and a great deal more attention to angle or it gets really tuggy. The solid bar feels a great deal more rigid and never tugs. While the audible feedback from the caged head screams "I'm an aggressive razor!!!" , the solid bar is more quiet about the danger laying one shaving misstep away.

I'll be honest and say I prefer the solid bar unequivocally, I don't find the caged head any more efficient than the more friendly solid bar which is also the classier razor in terms of design. While bearing a superficial resemblance to the Famex, the caged head lacks that razors rigidity and smoothness, not to mention adjustability. It may be fun but I'd choose the solid bar every time, especially going ATG.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

stanko, DesertTime, TestDepth and 6 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool razors and pics sir..great post..

stanko and jmudrick like this.