A review on the G.B.S Synthetic Shaving Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by FanofAceVentura, Jul 3, 2014.

1. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#qa7ump5ljpl0pzp photos

from the moment I got the package and looked at its hard nice box that was way more durable than the Edwin Jagger safety razor box I have I knew this was going to be good. I opened the box and took out the brush not having the funk I was very pleased and felt the tips and it was so soft i mean wow and it had excellent back bone. I then per seeded to shave with my new brush and made an excellent lather and after i was done all i needed to do is rinse it out and shake it like a toothbrush and it was dry. Very pleased with this brush and was at the right price point I recommend this to anyone.

CraigB and BamaT like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, here is more detail on the brush with a brush only photo.

[​IMG]

Price $19.98 at Amazon.

Fiber type: Early Generation 3 fibers very similar if not the same as Frank Shaving brushes (NOT Pur Tech) that have been out for three years or more.

I have a feeling that this is made for GBS (seems to have a link in Amazon to Gents Inc.) by FS or one of the Chinese manufacturers.

You should get good overall performance from this brush and in general it is a high value based on performance over price. There are many better brushes in the Generation 3 and 4 groups but other than the Kent Infinity (which costs about the same or slightly higher) you will have to pay more for them.

However, the same class of brush can be had for less cost directly from manufacturer distribution chains.

FanofAceVentura: Enjoy your brush.

3. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

Nice looking brush. I'm looking for a synthetic knot to put in a handle. How would you say this knot stacks up to the ones from TGN?

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

TGN has two sets of synthetic knots now.

They are about the same as this early Generation 3 for their Two Band.

Two Band TGN.

[​IMG]

They are later Generation 3 for the their Three Band. My preference on performance and looks from TGN.

Three Band TGN.

[​IMG]

woodworker likes this.
  5. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

Thanks I am enjoying it alot

6. Beardbgone

Beardbgone Active Member

This looks very much like the Whipped Dog Synthetic. Any chance it is the same knot?

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

More than likely the answer is yes. Both made in China more than likely in the same "factory."

8. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

Thanks for the detailed info. I ordered a TGN Gen 3 Three Band. My only synth is a Plisson Cade and I really like it. Looking forward to see how the TGN knot compares.

FanofAceVentura likes this.