A sad, sad day.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Old School, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Went with the wife to antique row down town today and was thrilled to find a Simpson Chubby 2 in "slightly used" condition for $125. My wife was not so thrilled, and less thrilled when I talked him down to $100 and bought it! On the way out of the city I hit a pot hole and blew a tire, pulled over and put on the donut and headed on my way. Less than a block down the road I realized I had left my bag of goodies on the side walk after I put the jack, tire and trunk liner back. I circled the block, only to find it was already gone :( Needless to say, the wife is really not happy now and I feel like crying :( Oh well, perhaps a brand new one will come my way for my birthday :)

2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

That is sad. :angry017:

3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Sorry for the loss. I've done something very similar before and still kick myself when I think about it.

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is bad. I am sorry that happened to you

5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Thieves are quick...:angry019:

6. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Sorry to hear man.... People are thieving bastards, they probably won't even know what to do with that brush.

7. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

That's awful! Sorry to hear about your stuff being taken! That's awful!

8. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    My own fault...It's a shame as it'll likely wind up in the trash.

9. gunslinger1108

gunslinger1108 Active Member

That's awful, sorry to hear that you lost your newly acquired treasures.

10. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

It absolutely stinks that your brush was taken & that you had the flat, but I think you did a lot of stuff "right" today-- You & your wife hang out together & enjoy doing things like shopping for antiques...You can hold your own haggling, so you didn't lose as much as you might have lost...You're competent changing a tire, something else that's getting to be pretty rare. I had a client miss a meeting a few weeks ago b/c he had a flat & had to call someone out to put on his spare tire. I don't know what that service costs, but self-reliance is priceless.

RIP Chubby 2

Old School likes this.
  11. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

That´s bad...i know what you feel.:(When i was 20 i forgot my watch when i was swimming in an indoor swimming pool.Went back there but nothing...nowadays i have it on my wrist...no matter what i do!!!

12. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Interesting perspective, thanks. A good night sleep last night and it already feels like old news. I'm not gonna let it bother me further. I've done dumb things before, I'll do the again. I've been more fortunate in my life than not...

13. Larry Stephenson

Larry Stephenson Active Member

Hate to hear it. Feelin' your pain.