A Sassy Brush For A Sassy Lady

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by stingraysrock, May 28, 2013.

1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Tuesday From Florida!

Sooooo, a long time ago, Shawna decided she wanted a coral colored brush like the one Danny has. I tried and tried to find something similar, but this is as close as I could get.

[​IMG]

Shawna has been on a bit of a black badger kick ever since she poached my Sabi Black Badger about a year ago. So I grabbed her a 24mm Black Badger knot from TGN when I ordered my High Mountain White Badger that I am hoping to stuff in a purple handle soon.

The handle came with the knot already removed, all I had to do was waller out the bore enough to seat the new knot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the brush before the bloom

[​IMG]

Here is the brush after a three lather progression with Williams, MWF, and then Arko

[​IMG]

I have restored a bunch of brushes over the years and I never have paid much attention to lofts and bores when it comes to exact measurements; I always eyeball them.

This one was no different.

Have a great night!

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

4. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Oooh, the heart wants what it wants. And mine wants THAT :drool: I'm on a black badger kick myself & have never seen that color combo with the swirly base.

Excellent taste, Shawna! Beautiful restoration, Jeff!

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

6. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Very nice!

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Exellent restore...Beautiful brush!!! :)

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Nice restore. Where did you find that handle?

9. stingraysrock

On one of our semi-monthly prowls through the junk shops of Plant City, just before hitting Maryland Fried Chicken, home of the best fried cluck-cluck I have ever had!

http://plantcityfriedchicken.com/

10. clk

clk Member

Beautiful Job!

11. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

Superb!

12. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Great job, Jeff. How do you keep the epoxy from creeping up around the base of the knot?

13. stingraysrock

Thanks Doug! The most important part of setting a knot is to use as little resin as possible. Generally, a pool the diameter and thickness of a nickel is just about right, maybe just a tad less. If you use too little glue and the knot falls out, just re-glue it. Use too much glue and the knot will still be usable, it just will be junked up at the base with excess glue. I have seen threads where the excess has been able to be mitigated, but it is better to not get there in the first place.

14. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Great Job!! I bet she's thrilled....Now she needs an Ever Ready razor to go with it...lol...Maybe a 1914...?

16. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice, good choice of handle:)