A simple question

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by BigMike, Feb 12, 2016.

?

The proper order is

Poll closed Mar 13, 2016.
  1. shave then shower

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. shower then shave

30 vote(s)
    88.2%
  1. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I thought I knew the answer, but lately I've been rethinking it. What do you sages of TSD say on the matter?

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Uh...what's the subject? Did I miss something? Or was the question way over my head? (LOL)

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    There is no proper order. It's whatever works for you.

4. BigMike

It's a survey question. The choices are: shave then shower, or shower then shave.

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. BigMike

Well, I may have embellished on the question, but I suppose folks have a preference, and rationale for which they prefer.

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Uncle Brian

Uncle Brian Active Member

What about those folks who shave in the shower?

7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

For me I get a better shave if I shower first. I have a tough beard and it helps soften it up first.

90quattrcoupe and BigMike like this.
  8. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I used to shave first, but now I shower first. I like to prepare my face in the shower.

TheManWithNoName and BigMike like this.
  9. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

I have tried showering before I shave and it dries me out to much...I still do a lot of prep, but hot towels work wonders.

BigMike likes this.
  10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Having shaved both ways, I've even shaved without a shower either before or after, I much prefer my shower first thing in the morning followed by a full prep shave. Sometimes if I know before hand that my morning will be especially busy I'll shower and shave at night, then just shower w/o a shave the next morning.:happy088:

BigMike likes this.
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Oh...it must not show up on Tapatalk. I'll revisit online. But, I'm shower, then shave.

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll tell you what I say-if I shower after shaving, I will have just wasted some Clubman(or whatever A.S. I used on that particular day).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    BigMike likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

That's something I've never tried-the hot towel(as in the way the barbers do it). I'd like to, someday.

BigMike likes this.
  14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Shower then shave IN THE shower (water off) for maximum whisker hydration.

BigMike likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

ahhh, right. An X-friend of mine always did that-he had the special mirror in the shower.

16. BigMike

I've always showered first, but recently switched to shaving first. I didn't find the shower really softened my beard any, but showering after does seem make my skin feel better the rest of the day.
    The only down side is that I use twice as much aftershave, once after shaving, then a second dose after the shower.

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

same concept, but for me it doesnt dry my face out and I find that a hot (very hot) towel still softens the hair and really relaxes my face.

BigMike and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I shower at night and shave in the morning, so technically, I shave before my shower.

IDuck, BigMike and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Do you use a bodywash-especially one "for men" in your shower? I do...it helps get the whiskers ready to be shaved.

20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I shower first on Saturday, and then I shave every day of the week. So, I suppose I shower first. :happy068:

Seriously, and I know this is frowned upon here, I usually wash my face with warm water, shave, then shower. I have showered first, but I don't see much of a difference either way.

BigMike and IDuck like this.