A Starter PIF ..... DONE!

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Enrico, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..

Enrico likes this.
  2. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Very awesome PIF.
    Not in.
    Luck of the Squirrel to all.

Mike-R41, Enrico and brit like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Incredible PIF, Keith. :happy096: Not in.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think it was 1980 or 81 that my brother bought a laser disc player and he bought Tora Tora Tora (1970). We must have watch it a dozen times. :happy088:

:eatdrink013:

Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Mel Brooks makes great movies, not a bad one in the bunch! :D

:bounce015:

jaro, AGHisBBS, Mike-R41 and 2 others like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just plain a great classic!

:eatdrink047:

Mike-R41, wchnu and brit like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Clint made the mold for westerns!

:kngt:

AGHisBBS, Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I remember watching this in the theater .... you are so right the strangeness fits the reality. R. Lee Ermey will be missed.

:shocked029::happy036:

jaro, Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Garner was a pleasure to watch.

:D

10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I first watched this shortly after it came out. I think I'd appreciate it more now, than I did then. Classic insanity of war.

:transport024:

Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  11. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I'M IN!

I'd like to try out the Schick Krona and the Pal Injector, as I have neither in my small collection.

Favorite scene in a Western was in The Big Country where Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston beat each other senseless all night until the sun comes up, and it's a draw.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  12. brit

brit in a box

came out shortly after the war ended..4 years?..still quite fresh in peoples minds..i am speculating..i was 12 in 79..

Mike-R41 and Enrico like this.
  13. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

0FD7EF85-197E-4AE0-B307-807DA678AB31.jpeg Im in! Name’s Mike I'm a 27-year-old new Traditional WetShaver. I have been WetShaving for 11 months now and being a full time student is hard to get all the things I desperately want !!! Also being a great writer and huge history and movie buff this is just the thing for me!! Appreciate the chance

Id be very interested in the Gillette Flare and the tech. = ]

I choose this picture due to its symbolism !! It is symbolic in many ways. Duty, freedom, gratitude and most of all sacrifice !!
    This sticks with James Ryan his whole life. We don’t see how his life played out, but we can guess. He returns to Normandy with his wife, children, and grandchildren. They all seem to love each other, and that’s no easy feat.

We can assume that – all things being equal – James Ryan “earned it”. He was a good man.

If you aren’t weeping bitterly by this point in the movie, there’s something wrong with you.:angry017:

Now, what’s left unsaid in the movie is that there is a big problem with any moral system that would insist that the unwanted sacrifices of others imposes any kind of obligation on you. In reality, James Ryan did not *have to* “earn” anything, even with the deaths of Miller and his men. Ryan did not choose to be rescued, and he did not choose to put Miller and his men at risk. Ryan does not exist for their sakes, just as they did not exist for his.

THAT SAID

In choosing to live his life with the consciousness of the gift he received – in choosing to “earn it” – James Ryan did live better in the end. Presumably, he took his work more seriously. He was more careful about picking a spouse. He took better care of his children. He avoided doing evil and tried to do good. He’ll be able to come to the end of his days knowing that John Miller’s death wasn’t for nothing.:sick013:

Clearly there is some power to the idea of “earning it,” and I think that power lies in gratitude.

It’s gratitude – even to the point of humility and awe (if not guilt) – that is a powerful force for transformation. And I think that’s true outside of war and outside of movies!!! I have Great respect for any veteran including my own family members of which were in the Navy, army, and the Marines. Beings Americans I’m sure this movie runs deep with all of us!! God bless the USA :transport024:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Enrico likes this.
  14. Mike-R41

December 7, 1941 a date which will live in infamy .....

Enrico likes this.
  15. Mike-R41

Great pic I like once upon a time in America.. all thoes spaghetti westerns are PURE classics!!! Bravo

Enrico likes this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yes they are. Much better then most of todays stuff.

Enrico, Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

clint eastwood's "unforgiven" was good..

Enrico and Mike-R41 like this.
  18. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Great PIF.
    Not in

Enrico likes this.
  19. Mike-R41

I was also thinking about doing this one

Enrico likes this.
  20. CaseyS

CaseyS Active Member

Very generous PIF. Somebody will be happy. Not in but may do my own soon. Trying to cull the herd.

brit and Enrico like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.