ABove the tie. Rust!?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rhody, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I have nothing to suggest as my ATT doesn't have a spot or a tea stain on it. It has been my number 1 razor for several months, but it will be sharing some time now as I have recently acquired a Timeless and an Oristo. I've only used a different razor maybe five times in the last four or five months, and I don't treat the ATT any differently than my ancient Gillettes or my Muhle. I change my blade once a week, and like you I leave it on the stand. I don't even loosen it up during the week. I do shake it off well after shaving and I wipe it off well when I change the blade, but I have always done that with all of my razors. One thing I do that might seem odd is put a coat of automobile wax on any new razor I get. I didn't do the old Gillettes since they already had plating loss and patina.

2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Most automotive wax is 'cleaner' wax, which means it'll work well on the Gillette's with the plating damage, but it also doesn't appear to do as well at protecting. (I think the abrasives in it leave microcuts in the wax layer)