Acqusitions

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by jbcohen, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Ok, curiosity has me here. What month of the year do you tend to do most of your wet shaving buying? I looked over in the show and tell section and number of posts by month leads me to believe that most members do there buying in june and july.

What do you find your self buying most often? Again from the looks of things in the show and tell section it looks like most people tend to buy the soaps, and post shaves most often.

I also found this a bit interesting, I averaged the number of double edge razors in member's collections vs the number of streight razors and found that those that use streights tended to have larger collections of streights then those who use only double edge razors. I wonder if I am learning something about the nature of the streights vs double edge razors. For those who have both members tended to have more streights then double edge razors.

As always I am out here looking to learn something about wet shaving. As my sig line says "Seeking all Shave Knowldge."

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

JB:
    My buying curve, early on, was fast and furious.
    If you look at my shavery you will see a great number of soaps.
    That is where I did / do most of my shopping.
    For the past 6 months or so I have not been buying much but, rather upgrading my hardware to better quality goods.

Currently:
    4 DE razors
    4 brushes and
    0 cutthroats.

I will continue to look for "better" equipment but I doubt I will be buying many new items.
    I will NEVER own a straight razor again.
    I am far too lazy for that. :D

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

My "buying curve" is still fast and furious, however now I focus on two things:

Exotic Aftershaves
    Exotic Shave soaps

I have also been enjoying some double edge blade experimentation lately, which I think may have been sparked by your enthusiasm for blades (yeah you, jbc ;)).

4. jlander

jlander New Member

I tend to go through spurts. Right now I've really slowed down and am not adding much.

I do have several straights and enjoy using them. They take more attention and time from me so I only use them when I have lots of time to give a shave, ie weekends, vacation, & holidays.

5. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I'm insane. I just keep buying stuff :rofl

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Just stay out of CAR's store and you will be OK.

WHAT AM I TELLING YOU FOR...................PICK UP SOME STUFF FOR ME.

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

The tide should be turning for me in a month or two. Triple Milled soaps and a couple of DE razors will be pretty much it. The squirrel is set for winter.

8. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

That's just not possible! It's like Disney Land for wetshavers!

:rofl

9. Will

Will Nevermind

I just got into Straights. I am a dead man (not that shaving is going to kill me but wifey is when she taks a look at my PayPal account). :char039:sad038

10. jlander

jlander New Member

With 34 Soaps, 28 Creams, and I'm not even going to start on AS, ASB, EdT, EdC, & razors; I need to keep saying "I'm not going to buy anything today, I'm not going to buy anything today..." wait, MB's got a special group buy soap! Charles is making a special shave stick! Mike's selling a really nice str8 in the sales forum!

Sigh...

I give. I'm totally addicted. I need to start on a new walk in closet for the shave den..

And I definitely DO NOT need to go to a Disneyland for wetshaving.....wait, do they have e-ticket rides?

11. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Or until the next unbelievable once in a life time sale.... Those always get me.

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I've actually passed on a few of those already. :D

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I pretty much buy anything i want...at any time...money available of course

14. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Mike and I will be starting TSD's very own WSA (Wet Shavers Anonymous).

"Hi, my name is Mike, and I'm a Simpson's brush buyer." "Hi, Mike!!"

"Hi, my name is Blair, and I buy straight razors." "Hi, Blair!!"

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Hey....hobbies are cool.....

COuld be out doing worse things

16. jlander

jlander New Member

Sure, I could be doing something stoopid...... like collecting old razors or something. :D

17. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Ahem....antiques and collectibles, thank you. :rofl And it is way cool to be shaving with this:

[​IMG]

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Or this.

Or this.

[​IMG]

19. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Nice...like that ebony handle. :D

20. xChris

xChris Member

Or these...