Adjustable Lock-Down Turn

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I was cleaning up one of my adjustables and when checking the adjustment and lock-down functions, realized that the higher the setting, the further the TTO knob turns to lock-down. I went and checked some of my other adjustables, and they were the same. When set on 9, it takes about a half turn of the knob to lock, and on 1, it drops down to about a quarter turn. Kind of weird I never noticed this before. :think002

EDIT: Just went and checked my black handle adjustables, and they turn even less than the Slims and Fat Boys. On 9, they take about a 1/3 turn to lock, and on 1, about a 1/8.

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

There are a few adjustables that don't lock down at all. The "red dot" 195 Fat Boy and the 195 prototype are a couple I've found.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Ah yes. Those are razors that I doubt that I will have in my possession anytime soon! :D

4. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

How hard would it be to move the internals due south instead of where they are?

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

That's out of my field of expertise, but maybe Guido or Rodd know how to do things like that.