advice for a new Slant user?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by peacefrog, Jan 8, 2008.

1. This forum gives great advice. ::

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Glad to be able to help :D

3. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I've been using the slant with IPs, and I actually find that I get a more gentle shave than I did with my HD. And the shave is closer too of course. I absolutely love this razor.

4. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

I team 'em up. Slant for 1st 2 passes, HD for 3rd pass and touch ups. Works great for me. You can throw a gentler blade in the HD, there's not much left for it to mow at that point.

5. From the looks of your avatar, you may want to try some new blades ! :D

6. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

I only shave under my eyes :cool:

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Klaus has it. The Feathers work best in milder razors. Day 2-3 shave is better than Day 1. I use Derby, IP, Crystals and Sharps in the Slant.

8. fritz

fritz New Member

I team them up too. But I tend to use the Slant for the ATG & finishing, and some other razor for the WTG and XTG passes. Go figger. YMMV.:D

9. paydepst

paydepst Member

Aggressive shaver. Mind the ATGs and be especially careful if you use a Feather.

10. smoothie6

smoothie6 New Member

My Experience

My Slant put my Futur on the shelf. I found it much easier to handle. My shave is better and my technique has improved. Coming to think of it, that may be why my shave is better. Anyway, though I'm still working my way thru a sample pack, I've found the Feather/Slant combination works best for me. As previously mentioned, caution must be taken with this setup as it is very aggressive. A little carelessness will result in severe damage. Don't worry the shakes will subside with experience. I'm just kidding. Just take your time and concentrate on angle and pressure and you'll do fine.

11. Slant and feathers are a great way to test your platelette count . :D