After-shave's with a barbershop smell?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by ibarney5, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

I just tried my Clubman for the first time today. What a fantastic smell! It doesn't make my face feel as fabulous at AV, but I love the smell. I think I'll just alternate between AV and this, for a while. :D

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Tommy,
    If you get a chance.....get some 444 balm from http://www.vintagescent.com/.
    He is in Portugal but shipping is very cheap....order some other small things as well. I but a pea size amt on my palm and then add the pinaud splash to it and rub together and then splash on the face:) It adds that menthol kick and moisturizes at the same time. It works well alone or with any AS splash. Leon is a pleasure to deal with also!

3. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

Thanks, I'll look into it. I just reevaluated my budget, and realized I had some more room to buy more shaving stuff this month!

As an update to the Clubman...I put it on at 7 am, and now it's 4 pm. That's nine hours, and I can still smell it a little. I like the staying power.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Club man is awesome.. and if you want a cologne with it get paul sabastain.. they go great together.

Fuzzy

5. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Tommy bring back the horns. hook 'em.

6. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

You boys in Louisiana!
    :happy102:happy102

7. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

Hook 'em Horns! :)

8. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

now we talking. you a big man? I am selling my XL Texas hoodie and cap.

9. ibarney5

ibarney5 New Member

I just got some Alt Innsbruck in the mail today. Not totally a classic barbershop smell, but close. I'm also looking into this Clubman stuff. Sounds interesting. Some other people also suggested Royall's line of products, but they are kind of higher priced. Just a whole wealth of things and options to consider. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions and all the kind welcomes.

10. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Pinaud Clubman makes me want to..... puke.gif

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Humm you just have no taste then...:happy102:happy102:D

Fuzzy

12. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

+1 :D

13. kicker245

kicker245 New Member

+1 anything pinaud smells like a barbershop in my book

14. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

ABSOLUTELY!! - Pinaud's Clubman Talc is the way to go!!

I agree about using a brush but I have been cheating and using a clean dry old boar bristle shaver I have hanging around. What kind of brush is best for talc?? I did not even know about using a horsehair brush. Does anyone know about the types of brushes for men's talc powder and what might be best. I remember different barber ones being pretty big shwackin things! White bristles typically - synthetic??

I would love to get a fluffy new brush that I could exclusively dust Pinaud's talc onto!!! Thoughts?

thnx

15. rrp1501

rrp1501 New Member

16. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

I just got that same treatment today from my Barber , Pinaud on the floppy brush. I cant believe how such simple things make us happy.

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Wow that really brings back memories for me. I fondly remember my dad taking me to the Barber Shop once a month when I was little, sitting on the board in the barbers chair for a haircut. Then when I got older, a little warm lather behind the ears and part way down the back of the neck and him shaving it with a straight razor. A little talc and the horse hair brush. Meanwhile the whole place smelled of Pinaud Clubman.

Sadly that's all gone now, my Dad, Ron the Barber and his shop.:sad023

18. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Pinaud Clubman or Master Bay Rum do it for me.

19. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

About a week ago I took a sniff of the Bigalow Barbershop colognes. It comes in three "scents": blue, green, and black. I considered buying a bottle of the black, which was by far my favorite of the three, but I have a bottle of T&H 1805 on its way to me in the mail already. Eventually I'll have to pick up a bottle.

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    4 actually. There's a red.