After you're done shaving do you...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by xCarbonSteelx, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

with my soaps and creams with screw on tops I do the same.

2. razorx

razorx Member

I melted 3 pucks of soap into a metal coffee cup.When done shaving I give it a quick rinse then leave it upside down for a couple of minutes then slap on the cup's lid on and put it away.I like this setup because the lid has a 3/4 inch slot for sipping coffee so even with the lid on there's enough "ventilation" to let excess moisture out.

3. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I take out the puck and rinse a bit and dry with paper towel and leave it out to dry. I then rinse the soap from the mug and wipe it dry with paper towel.

I 'm new at this and thought that the soap would get some kind of mold or bacteria, because soap can grow bacteria. I guess I'm OCD and like a clean dry mug and puck and I try a different soap each day.

4. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

I am OCD myself and I like my den to look as perfect as possible....everything in its certain spot over its duration of being in my normal rotation.....I rinse the bowl.....rinse the soap....set it on my soap dish to dry for the day making sure no excess water is under the soap (causing mushy goo later.....in turn wasting more soap then needed)..then I go back later once its dry...place it in its proper place and off I go.....I like a organized/clean looking den......dare I say I like my den to look like I live beyond my true stature lol...even though nobody hardly sees it....its important to me that it looks awesome and when people DO see it I want them to say "Damn....thats fancy!"

lindyhopper66 likes this.
  5. razorx

razorx Member

Ultimate Shaving Soap Cup
    I use the same cup and shaving soap every day
    When finished shaving,rinse out excess with warm water until clean,no worries about wasting soap.
    Lid goes on immediately and cup stored ready to use
    The slot in the lid lets excess moisture out so soap's perfect consistency for next shave 24 hours later
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CyanideMetal likes this.
  6. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Good idea. Did the puck fit the cup or did you melt it down to fit?

7. razorx

razorx Member

I do ok with Van Der Hagen Deluxe,microwaved 3 pucks and poured 'em in,should hold me for a while.;)