An announcement and a request

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jmhUT, Mar 4, 2007.

1. jmhUT

jmhUT New Member

Evening ladies and gents, after doing corporate M&A work for the past few years I have taken the plunge and purchased a company of my own. I am very much looking forward to joining the ranks of the self employed. I will be relocating to Salt Lake City. The AZ in my username denotes my current state of residence, which is Arizona. I was wondering if that could be changed to UT so I could avoid re-registering. Thanks, and wish me luck!

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Congratulations on the new venture Jeff! I wish you all the best! ::

Bobby will have to change your username.

3. jmhUT

jmhUT New Member

Thanks Joanna, and Bobby. That was quick

4. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    No worries. So tell us about this business of yours. Congratulations are certainly in order.

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Congrats,

Keep us posted!

6. jmhUT

jmhUT New Member

It's an advertising apparel company. Silkscreening and embroidering corporate logos on t-shirt, polos, hats, coats, bags, key chains, you name it. It’s a pretty slick setup. We have a 20,000 office building with the manufacturing facility on the ground floor. ~35 employees and around 100 steady customers in three states (90% local though, for now :D ). The company has been in business for 20 years and has been profitable for the last 15. We have to pick a new name for the compnay, which I haven't done yet. Small detail, no big deal. I was shocked to learn how profitable the business was. People do this out of their homes but this outfit has really gained significant traction. There is plenty of room to grow locally but I'll look at other cities soon. Satellite sales offices are very cheap. Growth will be easy to support until the plant exceeeds capacity. That's a problem I am looking forward to dealing with.

While there is certainly a financial upside to this deal the main benefit will come when the Mrs. and I start our family. 70 hour weeks are fine up to a point but I plan on attending little league games and dance recitals. It's a big step but we feel pretty good about it. I'll definately miss my current job. M&A is pretty exciting. All things considered it's the right decision for us though. The choice between family and work is a nobrainer as far as I'm concerned. If you can make a nice living in the process that's gravy. Thanks for asking!

7. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Puurrrrrfect, you can make soap tubs for me... woohooooo! :D

Utah huh, I hear it is amazingly gorgeous there... man, I am jealous.

congratulations! Good Luck.. and practise practise practise... (making kids.. )

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

A request from me....

Congratulations Jeff - All the best to you in your new endeavor. Sounds very exciting!!!

Can't help but ask - how 'bout a "The Shave Den" T-Shirt for us members? :D

Or Hats :sad027

Or Keychains :happy108

All of the above? :eek:

:eatdrink004

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

+1

all the best to Jeff and sign me up for one of those shirts :drool ::

10. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

YES!! That would be soooooooooo COOL!!!!

11. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

All the best luck to you Jeff with the new adventure and starting a family.

:happy005

12. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

:sihns011

Marty

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Congratulations Jeff on the start of the business and family!

14. jmhUT

jmhUT New Member

Wow, thanks for the kind words all. I won't be taking over for a couple months but I'm sure I could work something out. If you want you can maybe think about a logo in the meantime. We could do it up real nice.