An unscented/lightly scented aftershave balm

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Omelmad, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hello everyone

I have decided I want to find another aftershave balm. I have been using Nivea sensitive/Nivea sensitive cooling aftershave balm for a looong time. I changing mostly because the product gets tested on animal but also because I find I need to reapply a second time to feel moisturized.

Right now I have 3 candidates

1. Bulldog Sensitive aftershave balm
    2. Institut Karité Paris aftersahve balm
    3. Sul Filo del Rasoio aftershave balm

I would like to hear your thoughts about there if you have tried them but also maybe someone could suggest another good one. I dont want to feel greasy on my face. I would like to have an aftershave balm that gets absorbed quickly.

Thanks in advance!

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I really like Stirling post shave balm. I think it gets absorbed quickly and doesn't feel greasy. I use the unscented version after every shower, even if I don't shave.

Spyder and Omelmad like this.
  3. Omelmad

Does it feel moisturizing a long time? Im not looking for ALL day. I just dont want to feel like I need more after it has sunk in

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

A good shea butter (beurre de karité) balm is tough to beat for moisturizing, soothing and not leave you feeling greasy.

Omelmad likes this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

:signs011:

Omelmad likes this.
  6. Norcalnewb

For me it is just about right. I can get oily skin, but this actually seems to be the right stuff for me for that. It provides enough moisture to keep me from being dry, but doesn't make my skin more oily later in the day.

Spyder likes this.
  7. Norcalnewb

I am planning on trying some shea butter soon.

Omelmad likes this.
  8. jmaier

jmaier Well-Known Member

+1 on the Stirling psb, which includes a bit of shea butter. They have an unscented option, but even their scented varieties have a very mild fragrance, imo. It's thicker than Nivea psb -- more of a lotion-type consistency-- but I feel like it gets absorbed much quicker and leaves a far less greasy feeling on my skin.

9. Omelmad

As you can see it's one of the candidates, but I'm a little unsure about it because of the scent. I bet it's moisturizing, but does the scent last long?

10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I have had that one. Smells very nice and fresh but not strong. It's light on scent. It's a very good ASB. I think you'll like it.

Omelmad likes this.
  11. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

L'Occitane shave balm FTW. Shea butter, no chemicals, light scents, I like Cade. Can't be beaten.

dbersh and Omelmad like this.
  12. Omelmad

I have wanted to try stirlings ASB before. Now I have the perfect reason hehe! =P

Spyder likes this.
  13. Omelmad

It says that Proraso makes it, do you know if it's the same product as the Proraso ASB?

Why does everyone want to add a scent to their balms haha

14. Omelmad

I have smelled that balm in the store, it smells great. Especially the Cade, but I'm trying to keep the scent as low as possible. Do you know if it fades quickly?

youngunn likes this.
  15. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I just put some on about an hour ago and I don't smell it hardly right now. If you were to get right up on me with in inches you might get a scent but I don't think anyone needs to be that close to you.

Omelmad likes this.
  16. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

It gets added because 95% of consumers, especially in US, wants a dose of some scent. It's not my perception that low-scent/none-perfume products are so widely in US as they are in Denmark for instance. And since US is so big, they have to cater to their wishes of course.

As for the Sul Filo it's Proraso for sure, but not similar to their regular line. It's a new "fresh and young" line.

Omelmad likes this.
  17. Omelmad

Yes.. Thats my personal space, except for family and my girlfriend no one gets that close to me haha

18. Omelmad

I would love to try Stirling.

But this sup filo and the institut karite is the most appealing because I can get them in Sweden. No need to go outside th EU and pay 13-18$ for shipping.

I usually love scented products, but for the balm I like the unscented the most. But I can't find an unscented one.

The institut karite seems VERY moisturizing.

Do you fee the sul filo gets the job done?

19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Aveeno After Shave Balm (Fragrance Free) in a tube. At Target for about $7.00.

Omelmad likes this.
  20. AFWoody

AFWoody Member

I really like Institut Karite Moisturizing After Shave Balm. It is GREAT, very subtle/lightly scented. I ordered it from WCS.

Omelmad likes this.