Android stuff

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by sol92258, Mar 29, 2011.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Just grabbed an app called Tapatalk. It is a free client with an ad at the bottom.

I would be interested in how it compares to the real Tapatalk if someone has it.

Is it worth the $3 over the ad supported free version of Convo?

Queen of Blades likes this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Oops. I meant that I got Convo, a free Tapatalk client.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Almost had me until I pulled a few reviews. All bad, but this one more detailed:
    http://www.osnews.com/story/24619/Review_MID_M80003W_Tablet_with_Android_2_2

5. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

7. sol92258

it's odd enough there's a 'log' for that, but even odder that there's such specific details about it...

8. sol92258

Documents to Go full version is Amazon's free app of the day today

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

This right here is going to make a great stocking stuffer... Thanks!

10. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Just because I "borrowed" the Bristol scale from the doctor and it is housed in the Guest bath .... :p

11. sol92258

:scared007:

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I am sure that the guest truly enjoy that ... yeah right! :rofl:

13. sol92258

Guest: *looks at chart, looks in toilet, looks back at chart, back at toilet..* Oh crap!

14. sol92258

just found a WootWatcher app at Amazon's App Store...can't believe I hadn't found it before

15. sol92258

Hmm, just caught something, Android Market is running a deal for their 10 billionth app download (or something to that effect):

For ten days (unfortunately, it's on Day 4 now), they'll have 10 apps each day, for $.10 each.

Just in case anyone's interested.

16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

17. sol92258

nice. I can't remember what phone you have, but I know the Droid 2 isn't getting it. But, I'm hoping I'll have a Razr Maxx in my possession this time next month...

18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have a Nexus S 4G phone.

The upgrade was super easy, I cleared the Google Framework cache, powered down, removed battery for a few mins. When I powered up, I checked for updates and it only took about 10 mins total. Much easier than flashing the rom like I did on my previous phone.

I've been playing with it all night and I am digging it. You can stack icons and create folders which is pretty nice. Also answering the phone is a different swipe. I almost missed a call because I didnt know how to answer.

19. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

ICS is pretty nice. I have the Atrix, and we should be getting later this year. However, I have installed and played with a developer's version of the software and I like it much better than Gingerbread!

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Crossposting from the tapatalk 2 thread:

... but is tapatalk our only android option for TSD? I'd really like to find a free app is possible. Google has enough of my info without having to set up a google cart (or whatever they call it) to purchase an app.​