Another creation

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Jan 3, 2020.

1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

They go to @Jayaruh

Glad you enjoyed them.

GAW9576 and Edison Carter like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Now that was a excellent detailed write up, I wonder how you will enjoy the Aluminum version?

GAW9576, Edison Carter and Karl G like this.
  3. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

@Jayaruh, please PM me your address & I'll package the razors up & get them mailed your way sir.

Karl G, GAW9576 and Edison Carter like this.
  4. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Well, the Aluminum went smoother than the brass. I enjoyed a similar shave, but with a little less blade feel. I used a steep angle & was rewarded with a much easier shave. Not mindless, but certainly less aware of the razor waiting to pounce with a nick, as the brass felt. I used similar settings as before, 1 for 1st pass, 3 for 2nd pass, & 5 for my 3rd pass. My preference between the two is for the aluminum. The lighter weight made the razor more maneuverable in my hands & it didn't slide up to the head in my hands either. According to my scales, the brass TARS weighs in at 155g, & the aluminum TARS weighs 56g. That's a substantial difference to someone whose current razor of choice, a vintage Gillette President, weighs 66g. A well thought out & well-made razor, thank you for letting me try it. It will be in the mail Monday.
    IMG_2944.jpg

5. ischiapp

ischiapp Well-Known Member

Very nice thread.
    I love the Alumi TAR Brass hybrid.
    Soooo pretty !!!