Antique store finds....

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Stu929, Jun 21, 2017.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I just love the look on that Engels, and at $10 I wouldn't mind having it to work on my honing. If you are looking for a brush to restore, I have a couple that I'm probably not going to get to that I could send you for free.

RyX likes this.
  2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I think I saw one for 6 that would be a cheaper practice mule. :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

So I'll take both, lol. The Engels is speaking to me.

4. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are going to get that khaki set cause it was calling me as well and if you get it then I can't. But I still like the brush in the corner. It looked like an Albright Rubberset.

Sent from my phone using some app

5. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I believe it was. Needed a little work as there was a small chip but it definitely has a lot of life it in. No cracks or splits.

Haven't decided on the khaki set. I want it no doubt but I have a nice offer for a razor I dont want to pass up.

What say you on if you cannot locate a true birth year getting a razor with the same code? Not much is available in 1980 but I have a nice offer for one from the 50s I really want.

6. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

You have more choices from the 1955 "A" razors but you will always know in the back of your mind that they are not your BYR. So if was me I would get what ever razor you like with an "A" code but keep an eye out for a proper "A" 1980 razor.

Sent from my phone using some app

RyX and Stu929 like this.
  7. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Pretty much how I feel to the T

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It does look like small chips to me too. But, it should be easy to hone out, they are pretty small. $25 is kind of steep though, especially since the bevel needs to be completely reground. It does have plenty of blade left. I would be more comfy with offering $15.

9. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Im surpised you weren't eyeing the engles or the B.K. Co

10. DaltonGang

Third photo, post 14. Nice scales, and a barber's notch. I would love to get a closer look at the blade.
    Post 10, photo 5. The Schultz made like nice, from what I see. Might be a good find, for $15-$20.

Just give me, and my grubby little paws, 15 minutes in that store, and I would be a happy little "Straight Razor Hoarder".

RyX and GarnerPW like this.
  11. DaltonGang

The B.K., well, I would need to see the blade.
    The Engles is a very good find, but it has some good wear on the blade. Very nice scales.

12. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Well I am going by again tomorrow.
    post 14 was 22 on the tag but I can see what they will do, I will check on the Shutlz while I'm there.. They will already have the cabinet open :)
    I had the BK out and the blade looked straight but I am a noob so dont take my word. Will take some more pics while Im there tomorrow!

RyX, SharptoothC and DaltonGang like this.
  13. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Any idea how much the blade vending machine was...I have been looking for one for a while but everyone is REALLY proud of them
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrchick likes this.
  14. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I can check, I'll be in the neighborhood tomorrow. Its an awesome piece for vintage shaving but i would expect its a bit pricey.

George X likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Those Ever Ready black and white tuxedo style brushes are a lot of fun to restore and quite easy.

16. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Is the the skinny handle wooden paintbrush style?

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I spy a very nice looking cigar punch.

18. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Picture and location please!

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Post 10 picture 3 left side. Brass.

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

[​IMG]

Though if your interested, I'd see if they'd take less; $8 is border line too much.