Antique Store Stock

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Infotech, May 3, 2008.

1. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I finally found an antique store that carried razors, mugs, and even had some cream. Unfortunately, they seemed to be up on the latest pricing for DE's. The cheapest one I saw was a gold Gillette Tech for 25 and the most expensive was over 100. All of the razors were in excellent condition, but they didn't have anything that I wanted. They had a huge assortment of DE's and Straights. They had one DE for women that was round. They also had a few that were very small. The razor was about an inch long and the blades were about half an inch, and so thin they were like paper. Interesting stuff.

they had some Palmolive Green that I was tempted to pick up but decided not to. How is this stuff?

They also had a wide variety of DE blades that I've never seen before. You can see some of them in the picture of the cream.

Attached Files:

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

That is the motherload, too bad they know about the current prices :( looks like a very nice selections too :cool:

Great find James! I have never tried that cream before...

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

James.....

Did they happen to have any Dubl Ducks/Dorkos/Filarmonica blades there?

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

man, I wish I lived there--I'd buy all the Palmolive menthol cream! :happy102:happy102

5. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I'm not sure. Next time I'm over in that area I'll take a look.

They had two tubes of it and I'm really kicking myself for not buying it. I might make a special trip just to get it. The stores about 45 minutes from where I live.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I make a joke only--I have the Palmolive Menthol from Italy, which is a delightful cream, and the Palmolive Menthol from Egypt, which is also a very cooling cream. Both these creams are freezing cold, with great lather and skincare, but the Egyptian version does not smell that nice. The Italian version is a lot nicer-scented, at least to me.

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Wow, they have some really nice stuff, some of it may be worth picking up at asking price.

8. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

9. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Wow... those are some crazy prices. I wonder if they'll sell any at those prices?

10. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

A possible reason for the inflated prices is the location of the store. It's on The Strand in Galveston, Texas which is one of the main tourist attractions in South East Texas.

Who knows how many they'll get rid of at that price, but just one sell would probably make up for half of them :rofl

11. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Yeah prices do seem high. I did pick up a really nice razor at an antique store that was minty in case, was marked down to $70, originally marked $100. I offered $30 and they took it. Not to say the same would work here, but worth a try if there is something you really want. I would be making an offer on one of the travel injectors on the bottom shelf, with the square gold handles.