Any 3rd Party Soaps that Smell Just Like Clubman Pinaud?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I know that there is a Clubman Pinaud shave soap, but it's not an exact scent match to the great aftershave. So, I want to know what artisans make a matching scented shave soap. I know that Mama bear Soaps makes one. Do any other artisans make a matching scented soap? Does PAA? Catie's Bubbles? I would just order the Mama Bear's version, but I want to look at all the potential containers first. I'm hoping for something green or silver. I could live with trying to buy a bowl for the Mama Bear soap, but I want this soap to have a label of the maker and scent. I think that would be cool. If all else fails, then the Clubman soap could work.

sdguero and RyX like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Stirling just made a special run of their Clubman scent soap. It may already be sold out because it was a limited edition that went on sale for Black Friday. I think PAA makes one called Club Guy.

Paul Turner, RyX and Enrico like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

I pair Clubman with Route 66 Barbershop Hop. It's not exact, but the soap seems a lighter version of the Pinaud powerhouse scent. If you are familiar with the similarity between Clubman and Dana's Canoe, here's the breakdown of the latter via basenotes.net.

1. Top Notes
    2. Heart Notes
      • Geranium,
      • Carnation,
      • Cedarwood,
      • Patchouli
    3. Base notes
      • Vanilla,
      • Tonka,
      • Heliotrope,
      • Oakmoss

Keithmax, sdguero and PLAla like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

By the way, Stirling's Clubman special run is still available. $6 for a 4.5oz puck of soap and $7 for a 2oz aftershave splash.

Keithmax, sdguero and RyX like this.
  5. Tim Spencer

Hey,

I just got PAA Clubguy. Thanks for the heads up! I didn't grab Stirling because they use tallow, which can sometimes break out my skin. I only ever use tallow when I'm forced to due to a must-have scent. When I have the option I pick the vegetal soap. Stirling Soaps once did something really nice by sending me their scent oil for Autumn Glory so that I could have a 3rd party (Lucky Girl Boutique) make a vegetal version shave soap as well as bath soap and deodorant. It all came out great.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I wrote in a previous post, the Clubman Shave Soap has more of the scent of the Clubman VANILLA A.S. than that of the Original A.S. They should rename the shave soap Clubman Vanilla Shave Soap. Maybe too many letters, lol. But you bring up an interesting topic, here. Soon I'll be ordering my first Stirling A.S.and matching soap, so I'll have to see how I feel about Stirling, relative to your question.

RyX likes this.
  7. Tim Spencer

I also got the PAA Club Guy Deodorant to match up the scent.

8. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

How close is ClubGuy to the Clubman scent?

9. Tim Spencer

Pretty darn close. I have the Clubman Body Wash and the PAA Clubguy shaving soap. Practically identical to my nose and I'm more picky on scent than most people. Even the PAA Clubguy deodorant is a good match.

LevelupShaves likes this.