Any Archers here?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yes, of course you should.

sol92258 likes this.
  2. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I've been an avid archer for years. My primary focus has always been bowhunting but I enjoy 3D's and target too. I never got into the compound bows but have remained loyal to longbows and recurves. The last couple of years have been pretty tough trying to find time to squeeze it in anymore because of job responsibilities, just way to many hours in a week. Enjoy it, it's a great sport.

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today is the day! I have my first lesson this afternoon. I will let you know later, how it goes.

macaronus likes this.
  4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I shot when I was a kid but haven't since. A lot of my friends bow hunt so maybe I'll get back into it.

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The lesson was a lot of fun. It was a group lesson-8 students, I think. The teacher was pleasant, effective & helpful. The other students were nice too. The lesson lasted a little over an hour, so I am a bit achy, as you would expect. I would say it went well, as I had fun & even got a few of the arrows to hit the target.

6. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

I was interested in Medieval and Tudor history and had a couple of yew longbows made (one from wood thinned from a tree at Warwick Castle). I also have a several authentic looking arrows. One day, I'm going over to Azincourt and will let off an arrow on the battlefield.

7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Make sure that day is july 25 2015: you'll not be alone then. Since it will be the 600th anniversary, the plan is to arrive with some 1000+ archers and do some shooting... That should be an awesome sight!

Read more on the Azincourt2015 website -> *click*

8. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

That sounds like a plan!

9. Gary

Gary Member

Still shoot with a martin cougar bow from 25 years ago!

10. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I used to do a lot of shooting with my Bow when I was in my later teens. My Parents had a huge back yard that backed up to an open field. I came across a good deal on some cedar bails and set up targets at 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards. Man I loved those days. A few years ago when the hard times hit I had to sell the bow, hated to do it and wish I never did it. A new one is still on my want list.

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I just scheduled another lesson.

macaronus and Billr like this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

From 6 Puns a Day, here's a little paragraph about archery

The family heard a knock at their restaurant’s door, which caused them to quiver. It was the health inspector, threatening to close them down. In an effort to change his mind, they cooked him their best meal: Bow tie pasta. String cheese. Arroz con pollo. And about two or three shots…well, it didn’t work.

13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Bulls-eye!

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Woot, woot! :happy096:

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks, Mike. BTW, you archers will appreciate the location of the club. It's on Fletcher Avenue.

Billr and macaronus like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

A few lessons in and I am loving it. I am gaining some skill, but more importantly, I feel like an athlete, instead of an old bat with arthritis. I plan to buy my own bow, in a month or so.

18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Great, Sara! Be sure to show it off!

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Count on that! I just treated myself to a pink armguard, I saw on eBay. Lots of archery stuff is cam0-colored and, since my husband was in Iraq, we've both developed an aversion to it.

20. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member