Any Grappa Lovers Out There

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Maximumsmoke, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Maximumsmoke

Maximumsmoke Active Member

Amongst other things, I have been fooling around with grappa over the last 15 or 20 years. I started with stuff available here in my early adventures, but the selection probably wasn't so good. Travels and work in Italy in the '90's and the '00's (the nineties and the oughties) brought more pleasurable experiences, and some education on grappa usage. Best use for me is an ounce or less, floated over my tongue in small sips after the evening meal. This is particularly good after a rich and flavorful meal. I have brought back from a cooking trip to Italy, some homebrewed grappa, which, I admit was harsh and lacking in flavor complexity, but I did choke it down -- can't throw booze away, of course; there are people sober in India! That is now my standard for the bottom end of grappa! My current last few bottles are from the Nardini company, and I prefer their Grappa Reserva. How about you? Let's hear your preferences and experiences.

Also, I learned to enjoy espresso during work trips to Brazil in the '80's. Later, on that cooking trip to Italy, I was introduced to the corretto, or caffè corretto, as it is known there. It means coffee corrected! Its a shot of espresso with a shot of grappa in it. They'll drink this in the morning! I sure did, anyway. That'll get your day started correctly.

Cheers!
    Tony

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It’s been many a year since I last enjoyed some grappa. Not much selection here.

I also go my espresso addiction started during a trip to Sao Palo in the 90’s.

Corrected coffee :rofl:

Maximumsmoke likes this.