Any info?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Cool Breeze, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Getting this for the mug (its worth $23.00 by itself)
    The brush bristles are solid light brownnand reported as "pure bristle) boar? The soap is made in turkey. anybody got any info on them? 450.jpg

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

It's definitely boar. I have one, in a smaller size (XS) though but potato potato. I love it. It's great. Needs a break-in like most boar but it's worth it. The handle is not protected with paint or lacquer.

Not familiar with the soap. Love the apothecary mug from the looks of it, have never tried one. One gripe would be it seems too tall and narrow for comfortable lathering?

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Thanks for the brush info.
    I like the apoth. mugs. the knob lays in the fork of thumb and finger while in your palm. As far as size, if I bowl lather I use the wide short cappacino mugs, plenty of whipping room. As far as face lathering the apoth. mugs are the exact same size of an Old Spice mug, the wide mouth keeps lather down and gives you plenty of knuckle room for swirling. Yea, I realy dig the apothecarry mugs.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Shaving Factory is the web presence of the folks that produce Derby blades which is a Turkish Company. The soap is probably a version of the stick they produce. Being Turkish it's probably tallow and similar to Arko. In short, a good soap to use. The brush is probably boar.

5. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Awesome info, thanks.

richgem likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Looks like a good deal. I have an apothecary mug, and I just use it for loading the brush since I face lather. Enjoy.

Cool Breeze likes this.
  7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Where did you get that. Off of the internet or did you find it at a beauty supply like Sally's. Thanks

8. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Believe it or not, the Walgreens website. They have SEVERAL top shelf AS varieties as well, Schick injector blades, brushes, all kinds of shaving gear.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  9. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

It seems like all of the stores Walgreens, Rite Aide, CVS, Wally World all want you to shop on line. :angry019: :angry021:

10. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

I think you're right. It's probably going to get to the point where there are no mort brick and morter shops left. I read an article on how it was so much more profitable, no light bills, way less employees, no property insurance on 300 stores nation wide. It makes sense I guess. The wide variety of goods that can be stored in a few wharehouses compaired to trying to fully stock hundreds of stores, paying work comp on thousands of employees etc. I deal with Walgreens because the store mgr. will order me ANYTHING I want, have it put on his next delivery and I get it shipped free. Even the things the website says "not available for store pick up" he orders for me. My last tweezerman brush came from there, and I used my Walgrens card (the fre one they give you) and get another discount still.

11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Cool Breeze and tuxxdk like this.